K Road 22/1/2017

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
Ploh

K Road 22/1/2017

Post by Ploh » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:13 am

Fished K road today - first time in a long time.
Plenty of fishos down there but didn't seem like anyone was catching anything.
I do pretty well at Werribee South Jetty but thought I'd change things up a bit today. Used my usual bait with a paternoster rig looking to hook up some bream. Rods were getting taps as soon as they hit the water and we soon realised it was just bait fishing shredding our bait to nothing. Went through my entire stock of bait in 2 hours whereas that amount would have typically lasted a whole night elsewhere. I couldn't even catch the small fish using the smallest hook I owned.

I might have to go back to fishing the jetty although it can get pretty crowded on the weekends (hence why I tried K Road).
Regardless, a great sunny day to get out. K road cliffs is a beautiful place to wet a line. Catching fish is an added bonus.

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Re: K Road 22/1/2017

Post by laneends » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:59 am

Some folks fish the banks just upstream of the wetlands, if crowds at the pier are a problem. Not sure how they get there Berias rd maybe??

Ploh

Post by Ploh » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:48 am

laneends wrote:Some folks fish the banks just upstream of the wetlands, if crowds at the pier are a problem. Not sure how they get there Berias rd maybe??
Yeah I have fished there before. I would have to recall how to get there but I vaguely remember. It involves some dirt roads and a long walk but it's doable and rewarding. That being said, I assume there would still be bait fishing stripping bait no matter where along the river.

Ploh

Post by Ploh » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:13 am

laneends wrote:Some folks fish the banks just upstream of the wetlands, if crowds at the pier are a problem. Not sure how they get there Berias rd maybe??
Actually might be thinking of somewhere else. Curious to know how people get there. Berias would be the most logical road but don't see how you'd get there. Looks like private land.

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:54 pm

I've seen the bucket brigade climbing over a style to get there.

Often you find strippers at a spot one day and no sign of the the next. Do you reckon its fish or bottom crawlers?

Ploh

Post by Ploh » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:11 pm

laneends wrote:I've seen the bucket brigade climbing over a style to get there.

Often you find strippers at a spot one day and no sign of the the next. Do you reckon its fish or bottom crawlers?
I'll probably stay away from there. Wouldn't want to trespass on anyone's land. The jetty is productive enough and most people leave by 8:30pm.

I'm fairly sure it was fish yesterday since you could also see them flopping around the surface. They were hitting the bait pretty hard to the point where the rod tip would bend but no matter whether I struck or just left the bait, I couldn't hook them. Must've been some aggressive bait fish.
Back to the jetty I go.

Craigr5058

Post by Craigr5058 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:53 pm

You can either park at boat ramp carpark or across the road from the last house on the corner there is a little dirt carpark area. and then if you go along side of the house (river side) there are tracks in there that you can follow all the way up river towards k road. (prepare for wet feet at start of track next to river)

marckyg123

Post by marckyg123 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:45 pm

Interesting report cheers

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:51 pm

Ive fished down that cliff before. Theres big bluenose bream in there that would breach the 2kg mark on the scale, fantastic fight on 6lb line and light 2-3 kg outfit. Best rig has been running sinker with long 70cm lead with a size 4 bait holder hook. Bait of choice for me is either tubeworms or bass yabbies, if your afraid of loosing bait to pickers then fish further upstream finding the deepest water way as possible. Night time has been most productive through to sunrise and a moving tide is a must weather that will be on the rise or in the drop, no run no fun as they say. Goodluck

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”