Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Re: PPB reef project

Post by Brett » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:38 pm

50m easy, start lobbing 3oz star sinkers at the mongrels, they'll soon move

Tomcat1

Post by Tomcat1 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:46 pm

lmao i almost hit one a couple of weeks ago. he was about 70 meters out and i casted and had to grab my line to keep from hitting the boat. my sinker fell maybe 1 meter short of his boat after i grabbed the line.

Bartnmax

Post by Bartnmax » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:58 am

Just looking at the DPI info they state that the reef structures will be placed 50 meters from the end of the piers.
Not 10 meters out, making it a casting distace of 50 meters (dunno how that works anyway).
Boats most definitely ARE allowed to use Altona Pier for docking purposes, but 5 knot speed restrictions apply (as is the situation at 99% of other piers in PPB).
Lobbing sinkers at anchored vessels (or even moving vessels) aint on.
They are quite legally at liberty to fish over those reefs, even if they are only 10 meters away from the piers.
Apart from breaking the law (& possibly being charged will willful damage &/or endangering people) all you would achieve in doing so is to almost certainly guarantee that those boats will purposely target yer lines/rods afterwards.
Is lobbing a sinker at someone because you think he's too close to what you view as YOUR pier (which it aint) worth loosing yer tackle that's worth a coupla hundred bucks? If they are speeding or purposely interfering with yer propetrty then you are quite within your rights to report em to the authorities, but lobbing grenades, etc wil only get you deeper into trouble than it would them.

Bill.

Bartnmax

Post by Bartnmax » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:15 am

It should also be noted that both the new reef structures & the existing structures on the eastern side ofthe bay are made from honeycomb concrete. They are NOT made from tyres. Tyres are generally not used today because it has been found that they tend to 'slime up' & nothing grows on em.

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”