Docklands is dead.

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
Dano

Docklands is dead.

Post by Dano » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:36 pm

4 hrs and only 1 undersized flattie. Breams are all gone. Place is also really dirty compared to 5 years ago. And a lot of jelly fish!!! Maybe that's why there is no fish?

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Re: Docklands is dead.

Post by Raulfc7 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:43 pm

Fish haven't gone mate they just weren't intrested in you bait/lure. Better luck next time
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:50 pm

Haha. There's plenty of fish there mate. It is around 6-10m deep so you don't see them all the time. It's almost better then watching them on the surface straight up ignoring your lures.

Dano

Post by Dano » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:32 pm

i think i know whats the problem, there are too many unprofessional fishermen there. in my 4hrs there, 2 guys used 2 boxes of pilchard as burley. probably made all the fishes full :-x they were pretty funny too, they had these tiny hooks with like 1/4 a pilchard and after 2 nibbles they striked their rods like if a kingfish was on it. didnt even give the fish a chance to eat the bait :rofl:

Blackfj

Post by Blackfj » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:41 pm

My mate Hot Tuna got 7 bream this morning ranging from 28cm-35cm using mussel. All bream released of course.

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:17 pm

Fresh bait is the key at the docks! 95% of fishos use servo bait there, but if you go to the effort of getting fresh prawn/shrimp, live sandworm, fresh mussel(as written above) live crab/nippers, live/fresh minnow you will do heaps better!! Even fresh chicken fillet is better at the docks than anything you will buy at a servo imo.
When I got time,
I wet a line cos Im a junkie,
been fishin since a kid,
I like it cos it numbs me..

rixter

Post by rixter » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:21 pm

shazdoggg wrote:Fresh bait is the key at the docks! 95% of fishos use servo bait there, but if you go to the effort of getting fresh prawn/shrimp, live sandworm, fresh mussel(as written above) live crab/nippers, live/fresh minnow you will do heaps better!! Even fresh chicken fillet is better at the docks than anything you will buy at a servo imo.
;) small bits of raw fresh chicken fillet have actually been my best bait around that way over the years , especially for the trevally (on a small hook about 1.5m under a float, almost close to a garfish rig / but a bit bigger hook ) ;) .

Plenty of fish around there ! .

Cheers , Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

biggar

Post by biggar » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:28 pm

I've found supermarket prawns on the bottom always picks up something
Angling is the name given to fishing by people that can't fish

mickleback

Post by mickleback » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:50 am

Fished there Wednesday night with Ant and we caught and released around eight or more and had some major bust offs on the light gear, definitely not dead and it can pay to move around after landing a few in the one spot. Ant nearly hooked up to a huge keeper size water rat that liked chicken fillet, I nearly died laughing as that unfolded!

sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Post by sloth » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:09 am

Docklands can be tough as it is very pressured but good advice above especially about moving around. A lot of fish are resident but they do congregate in different spots at different times. They also can sit at different levels in the water column. Half the challenge is finding them.

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”