Docklands

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
FishingRookie

Re: Docklands

Post by FishingRookie » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:41 am

Eug1 wrote:Heading down to North Wharf Rd this Friday night with a mate. Just wondering if anybody else will be around? If you are come up and say gday. Cheers
Any luck there?

Pomfish

Post by Pomfish » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:36 am

I am visiting Aus from the UK late Feb early March and staying at an apartment in the docklands on our last week, so thought I might sneak the telescopic rod in the bag and have a go when we are there. I've read most of the post's on here and so have a decent Idea of what to expect and what gear to use although some of the local terminology got me puzzled (pinkies vibe's micro and blade). Please can anyone tell me if I need any sort of licence to fish in the docklands?

LINwAd

Post by LINwAd » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:24 am

Pomfish wrote:I am visiting Aus from the UK late Feb early March and staying at an apartment in the docklands on our last week, so thought I might sneak the telescopic rod in the bag and have a go when we are there. I've read most of the post's on here and so have a decent Idea of what to expect and what gear to use although some of the local terminology got me puzzled (pinkies vibe's micro and blade). Please can anyone tell me if I need any sort of licence to fish in the docklands?
You will need a victorian fishing licence if you wish to fish in Victorian waters.

Pinkies = juvenile snapper (fish)
Vibe/blade = a metal style lure that vibrates when worked.

Good luck
LandFishTV creator - https://www.youtube.com/landfishtv/ Enjoy! :water:

Pomfish

Post by Pomfish » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:04 am

Thanks

Eug1

Post by Eug1 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:32 am

Hi Fishingrookie. Thanks for asking. No luck, that's why i didn't post a report. But it's not a bad spot to kick back and have a few cold ones on a Friday night. Great views.
Cheers

Pomfish

Post by Pomfish » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:51 am

Bit more info please. Is it possible I might catch any do not touch creatures in the docklands? and if so what's the best way to deal with them?

Fishbref
Has liked: 41 times

Post by Fishbref » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:05 am

Pomfish wrote:Bit more info please. Is it possible I might catch any do not touch creatures in the docklands? and if so what's the best way to deal with them?
You may hook a three-eyed lizard; watch out for the spikes when handling. Also make sure you open your drag; a jewie can fleece you of your tackle when you least expect it...

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Post by greggo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:44 am

You my try and send Sloth (author of this thread) a PM. He's a Pom too, so you should be able to understand him, I cant.

Pomfish

Post by Pomfish » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:30 pm

:)

sirsquidalot
Has liked: 1 time

Post by sirsquidalot » Sat May 12, 2018 5:10 pm

Had a wee tickle today down at docklands, a few hard bites but didn't get any fish outta the water. One cat i spoke to said he caught a little pinkie but everything was pretty quiet.

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”