Docklands Bream

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
Sammy123
Has liked: 40 times

Re: Docklands Bream

Post by Sammy123 » Mon May 06, 2019 6:58 pm

fishmagnet wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:34 pm
good onya mate, used to do a lot of that sorta fishing myself back in the day. if you're game enough climb down some of the ladders in docklands, and have a look underneath them with crabs and hold on ;)
Been getting a lot of my fish that way, bit of a tight spot but very productive :thumbsup:

Scozziefish71

Re: Docklands Bream

Post by Scozziefish71 » Mon May 06, 2019 7:25 pm

Sammy123 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 9:41 am
Been doing rather well lately with bream around the docklands area and the yarra close by, averaging roughly 8-10 fish per session with a couple usually 40cm+ (all released). Been getting most of them on cranka crabs and zman grubz on a 6lb leader. Found them shy In the docklands area, I usually sight fishing them, setting the hook when I see them swallow it.

I target schools of larger fish, which seem to be more aggressive, I have found when drifting a lure just in front of the school the first one will come racing up to it then turn away once he takes a good look at it, but that seems to get his mates competitive and often the second fish will hit it without hesitation. As for the yarra you can't seem to go wrong with drifting along bridge pylons.

Here's one of the better ones

_20190427_175318.JPG
Nice fish mate, I was doing well on the Bream at the Warmies up until a month ago and they seemed to vanish overnight. I will maybe give the Docklands area a crack one day.

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”