Soft Plastics in the Warmies channel

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
Scozziefish71

Soft Plastics in the Warmies channel

Post by Scozziefish71 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:24 pm

Hi folks,

Finally my Bream hoodoo on soft plastics is over, I went to the Warmies around 6:15pm until just after 8pm and caught three Bream on a 2" zman grub in motor oil, the biggest 25cm, so all small but fun none the less.

Three fisheries people were there asking to see bags and licences which is good to see, this gets rid of the tiny fish murderers and folk who don't contribute to the fishing in our state, so good on them :a_goodjob:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Soft Plastics in the Warmies channel

Post by Lightningx » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:53 pm

Glad you broke the drought! Small ones but still would have been fun. Hopefully you will get some bigger ones next time :thumbsup:

Sebb
Has liked: 3007 times

Post by Sebb » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:31 am

Wow congrats!
Years of fishing and I'm still struggling to get a bream on lure, yet you got yours on your first.

Scozziefish71

Post by Scozziefish71 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:45 am

Lightningx wrote:Glad you broke the drought! Small ones but still would have been fun. Hopefully you will get some bigger ones next time :thumbsup:
Cheers mate, I will try my best. I always return fish anyway but just love the fun of catching them.. :thumbsup:

Scozziefish71

Post by Scozziefish71 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:48 am

Seb85 wrote:Wow congrats!
Years of fishing and I'm still struggling to get a bream on lure, yet you got yours on your first.
Cheers mate, yeah I just downsized my grub and went lighter, fished right in next to the side, I seen a couple of crackers, maybe need to adjust my tactics to nail them. :thumbsup:

Sebb
Has liked: 3007 times

Post by Sebb » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:26 pm

Scozziefish71 wrote:
Cheers mate, yeah I just downsized my grub and went lighter, fished right in next to the side, I seen a couple of crackers, maybe need to adjust my tactics to nail them. :thumbsup:
What jighead size did you use?
I've been to the Nong few times, few bites but none caught.
Tap tap strike and... nothing... Bream lure fishing is so frustrating.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:43 pm

Scozziefish71 wrote:Hi folks,

Finally my Bream hoodoo on soft plastics is over, I went to the Warmies around 6:15pm until just after 8pm and caught three Bream on a 2" zman grub in motor oil, the biggest 25cm, so all small but fun none the less.

Three fisheries people were there asking to see bags and licences which is good to see, this gets rid of the tiny fish murderers and folk who don't contribute to the fishing in our state, so good on them :a_goodjob:

Hoodoos can be so hard to shack off, glad you did.

And

Also glad the Compliance Patrols are out AND that you also gave them the thumbs up :a_goodjob:

Well done

Scozziefish71

Post by Scozziefish71 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:07 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Scozziefish71 wrote:
What jighead size did you use?
I've been to the Nong few times, few bites but none caught.
Tap tap strike and... nothing... Bream lure fishing is so frustrating.
I used very light 1/24 Berkley 1 I think it was, fine gauge hooks, they hook up a treat. You will always get taps and no hook up but I think sometimes they hit the tail and we yank it away, the first fish I caught tapped it three timescand then hammered it and hooked itself.

Scozziefish71

Post by Scozziefish71 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:08 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Scozziefish71 wrote:Hi folks,

Hoodoos can be so hard to shack off, glad you did.

And

Also glad the Compliance Patrols are out AND that you also gave them the thumbs up :a_goodjob:

Well done
Cheers mate

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”