Fishing at coode island

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
User avatar
BOB_
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:16 pm

Fishing at coode island

Postby BOB_ » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:08 pm

Has anyone done some fishing from the little reserve at the end of coode island or know if it s legal to do see seems it would be a good spot to fish with the Yarra and Maribyrnong rivers aswell as moonee ponds creek and the entrance to the bay all converging at that point :water:
Attachments
fishing@1x.jpg



Remove these ads.

Josho

Re: Fishing at coode island

Postby Josho » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:36 pm

BOB_ wrote:Has anyone done some fishing from the little reserve at the end of coode island or know if it s legal to do see seems it would be a good spot to fish with the Yarra and Maribyrnong rivers aswell as moonee ponds creek and the entrance to the bay all converging at that point :water:


Looks an industrial area, might be hard to get into too, give it a crack. I live in the city and hate fishing round here haha.

User avatar
BOB_
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:16 pm

Re: Fishing at coode island

Postby BOB_ » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:38 pm

Josho wrote:
BOB_ wrote:Has anyone done some fishing from the little reserve at the end of coode island or know if it s legal to do see seems it would be a good spot to fish with the Yarra and Maribyrnong rivers aswell as moonee ponds creek and the entrance to the bay all converging at that point :water:


Looks an industrial area, might be hard to get into too, give it a crack. I live in the city and hate fishing round here haha.


it is an industrial area but there is (i believe ) free and open access to the little reserve at the end of the so called "island"

Josho

Re: Fishing at coode island

Postby Josho » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:47 pm

BOB_ wrote:
Josho wrote:
BOB_ wrote:Has anyone done some fishing from the little reserve at the end of coode island or know if it s legal to do see seems it would be a good spot to fish with the Yarra and Maribyrnong rivers aswell as moonee ponds creek and the entrance to the bay all converging at that point :water:


Looks an industrial area, might be hard to get into too, give it a crack. I live in the city and hate fishing round here haha.


it is an industrial area but there is (i believe ) free and open access to the little reserve at the end of the so called "island"


Its prob fenced off suss it out. Def a lot of spots around that area though.

fishnut
Rank: Cephalopod
Rank: Cephalopod
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:42 pm

Re: Fishing at coode island

Postby fishnut » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:27 am

Used to fish there many years ago but it was closed off to public not sure if its been opened up again, was a great spot for bream trevally and the occasional snapper back in the 80s

ante552
Rank: Australian Salmon
Rank: Australian Salmon
Posts: 361
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:25 am

Re: Fishing at coode island

Postby ante552 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:51 am

You might be lucky to catch 3 eyed fish there.

That place is where the refineries caught fire around the 90's, most likely its contaminated.
Be careful.



Remove these ads.

Josho

Re: Fishing at coode island

Postby Josho » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:33 pm

ante552 wrote:You might be lucky to catch 3 eyed fish there.

That place is where the refineries caught fire around the 90's, most likely its contaminated.
Be careful.


Thats right i remember that


Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests