Seeking that work-life balance

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Re: Seeking that work-life balance

Post by Basti » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:57 pm

Bait and tackle direct I think they are called. Cheltenham rd next to the eastlink overpass. They stock a lot of masterpro stuff

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:10 pm

Basti wrote:Bait and tackle direct I think they are called. Cheltenham rd next to the eastlink overpass. They stock a lot of masterpro stuff
Been meaning to drop in there for ages. their squid jigs are good for the price as well I use them when I'm trying to learn a new area landbased, not as good as the other jigs I use but I don't mind losing a couple.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:52 pm

Yeah i.know the place.
Thanks man
Cheers

Basti

Post by Basti » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:16 pm

smokin_reels wrote:Nope mate, can't do mornings.
However, tuesday/thursday evenings next week would be ideal for me .

If you do go fishing , please do let me know how it was. Would help to have another angler's perspective.
Didn't end up going. Went fishing for donuts at Webb dock last night (bagged out) with a couple of forum members and was too buggered this morning

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:01 pm

Basti wrote:

If you do go fishing , please do let me know how it was. Would help to have another angler's perspective.
Didn't end up going. Went fishing for donuts at Webb dock last night (bagged out) with a couple of forum members and was too buggered this morning

Fair call!
The fishing will only get better in the next few weeks . I am waiting for my Kokoda Lures to get shipped to me .
Will give it a go again next week. Let me know if your fishing tue/thurs evening.

For now, Back chasing the salmon on the surf this saturday! :)
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:35 pm

smokin_reels wrote:
Basti wrote:

Fair call!
The fishing will only get better in the next few weeks . I am waiting for my Kokoda Lures to get shipped to me .
Will give it a go again next week. Let me know if your fishing tue/thurs evening.

For now, Back chasing the salmon on the surf this saturday! :)
If you have any closing rays nearby drop in and have a look I grabbed a few for 2.50 each
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

smokin_reels

Post by smokin_reels » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:39 pm

The earliest I can probably make it is on saturday morning. WIll drop in and check if they still have any left. Nothing near me and they all close by 530 . Its really sad.
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

smokin_reels

Post by smokin_reels » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:57 am

Hey Guys,

Been a while , the balance has been significantly been more work and less play.

Last evening I got out to Albert Park lake after work to meet a good friend and cast a few lures around.

Had a black-gold kokoda on the bait casting setup and a Rapala F5 Rainbow trout on the Ultralight gear.
Did manage to score a rainbow trout on the Ultralight. My friend also did have a few trout and lost a yellow belly, that was sightcasted with a Zman Grubz. ( His FG knot slipped.Never happened to either of us before , must be that Yellow Jinx Monster).

All was well, we were actually getting into it and finding the fish , till a dude jogging behind us collapsed and started having muscle spasms , requesting us to hold him down till he was done convulsing.( Damn Joggers).
I put up with that charade for about 10 minutes and called emergency services. As soon as I did call 000, he got up in a state of panic and ran away.
Clearly had more drugs involved and less back spasms. Glassy eyed and everything. The city never fails to disappoint.

All fish released so that they get bigger.

The trout were mid 20's to 38cms being the biggest. Alsoth only one which got a tape on it
Last edited by smokin_reels on Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

smokin_reels

Post by smokin_reels » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:02 am

One of the Rainbows from last evening. Going to make an effort to post more pictures.

[img]
Rainbow APL.jpg
[/img]

Basti

Post by Basti » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:22 am

Well done on getting a few fish outta there man. From everything I have heard it's a tough fishery

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”