Bemm River Bream

Everything about bream
claretone

Re: Bemm River Bream

Post by claretone » Fri May 16, 2014 6:37 am

Cool, yeah the lake was low on the 1 st may weekend as well. we fished about 800m straight out between the 2 boat ramps. we found this area to be the best either anchored or drifting. it was about 1.5-2m deep. The river to the mouth was no good only baby bream and tailor.
MY WIFE LETS ME BUYS ALL THE FISHING GEAR I CAN HIDE !!

eddyt
Has liked: 25 times

Post by eddyt » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:28 pm

Went to Bemm river this weekend from Friday to Sunday. Very few bream around, tried everywhere on a boat and only ended up with the biggest at 35cm, about 2-3 fish above 28cm per day. A very nice man gave us some live sandworms which did most of the damage. There were quite a few tailor around though, managed to get a few trolling and one smashed a SP.

Unfortunately the tailor was the only thing I got on lures. Must be doing something wrong. I was using a worm style plastic with a wriggly tail around 100mm on a size 1/12th jig head but didn't seem to get any takes, although I've yet to catch a legal bream on a SP. Must be doing something wrong... I was wondering if it's because 1/12th is too heavy or I was working the SP wrong. I mostly just cast out from the boat, let it sink to the bottom, count to about 5 and then 2 little hops, hit bottom again and repeat. Also tried some slow rolling, didn't work either. :( Someone tell me what I'm doing wrong! Do hardbodies work better here?

Most fish were caught on sunrise and sunset. No worthy fish photos, but I got a nice shot of sunset.
DSC_1073.jpg

Allan tarr

Post by Allan tarr » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:40 pm

little snowy river will get you a bag in no time

claretone

Post by claretone » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:20 am

Your doing nothing wrong mate thats fishing for ya!
Some days they just dont want to bite or take any lure be it plastic, a vibe or eco gear style lures.
:gone:
MY WIFE LETS ME BUYS ALL THE FISHING GEAR I CAN HIDE !!

Return to “Bream Fishing”