A tip for the bream chasers.

Everything about bream
FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Re: A tip for the bream chasers.

Post by FishnMiss » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:17 pm

So far (with the exception of my first Elephant fish recently) I don't freeze my fish.
I generally eat them the same day I catch them, at worst the next day (fillet them the day I catch them tho).

I really have a hard time with people who kill fish, animals etc just for fun/sport.

When I fish, if I have a doubt I'm going to eat what I catch that day or the next then I just release them.
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

rixter

Post by rixter » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:21 pm

FishnMiss wrote:When I fish, if I have a doubt I'm going to eat what I catch that day or the next then I just release them.
:thumbsup: The perfect C&R rule imo , I do the same. WD :cheers:

Cheers , Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:06 pm

rixter wrote:
FishnMiss wrote:When I fish, if I have a doubt I'm going to eat what I catch that day or the next then I just release them.
:thumbsup: The perfect C&R rule imo , I do the same. WD :cheers:

Cheers , Rick.

x2 for me also as rixter, I do give away some of my fish to newbies at times, I feel sorry for some of them if they put in the same hours as I do on the same night and get donuts.

yep I'm a night stalker fisho ! LOL
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Post by sloth » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:06 am

FishnMiss wrote:Thanks RB

Why do some people get so hard core about catch n releasing them on that post?
Jeez talk about tryin to put a guilt trip on others man seriously :Blah:
I haven't caught one yet, now I'll friggin feel like a bleedin criminal if I do and take it home to eat :cry:
Hi mate, a few people on here, myself included, chase only bream and consider it as a sport fish.

I chase them on lure only and C&R. They can be a challenge to get on lure - particularly the large ones as they may be over 20 years old and seen plenty of lures :)

As a sport fish I obviously prize and chase the largest specimens. For that reason I don't like seeing old, large bream taken, purely for the selfish reason it's one less trophy fish in the system.

Now I realise the above is a self-serving viewpoint and that other people have a very different view towards them. Just wanted to explain why now and again you may rub up against a strong opinion if you end up discussing this with a breamer.

Having said all that I have no problem whatsoever with people taking bream within size and bag limits. Never feel guilty about doing that. It's your right to do so.

As they bottom feed and live a long time I'd be cautious with bream taken from urban waterways due to heavy metals etc (see DPI advice). Where I fish I'd be glowing if I ate one :)

If I were chasing for a feed I'd be recommending pan sized (28 - 32cm) fish and avoid resident fish. Resident fish in our metro systems are generally dark in colour. I'd be taking the silver ones which tend to be the fish which are in the bay that temporarily move into the river systems. If you're taking from the bay and they're silver you should be right.

Generally you can have success with a wide variety of baits and if they are being spooky then unweighted chicken or prawn fished close to structure can be a good option.

Good luck and if you get one post up the results and recipe :) Never tried it myself but have heard its delicious.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:38 am

a few bacteria, viruses and toxins are good for your immune system. There is no harm eating a fish older than you every now and then.

Don't you like it? You will glow under UV lights and be a star during parties, grow extra limbs (I just hope it will be in the right place) and have an extra eye at the back of your head. Drinking beer and eating pizza while spinning sounds nice too. :rofl:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

sloth

Post by sloth » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:33 pm

Lol. Can't beat a bit of cadmium ... I mean cadburys.

sloth

Post by sloth » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:43 pm

And if it was older than me it would be massive :)

Return to “Bream Fishing”