soft plastic issues

Everything about bream
TrevKing

Re: soft plastic issues

Post by TrevKing » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:47 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:So far I have discovered that toadies absolutely love soft plastics.

The other day thought to add a soft plastic in stead of a popper to the surf rig.

Crabs also love soft plastics.
one of the most important rules while fishing with plastics: If toadies are around, switch to bait or lures. They absolutely tear them apart. Same with leatherjacket. Costs you heaps of $$$
2015 Goals -
-First Squid
-Trout on SP
-First Murray Cod
-Rainbow over 40cm
-Redfin over 40cm

TackleNut

Post by TackleNut » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:13 pm

keep_itsimple wrote:ive tried so many times to catch bream on plastics but have been unsuccessful from using camo worms to squidgee minnow, gulp prawns, sliders bass worms
nothing works, also been using sunline rockfish braid (8lbs) with toray leader (4lbs) flurocarbon

its doing my head in at the moment
Keep it Simple,
you must have worked out the secret formula to consistantly catch them.
For a moment, in March I was thinking we need to get the guys together and go for a fish with you to see whats going wrong. Many others were having great success with the lures you had tried.

Then in May you have got them all diallied in and can't miss from the sounds of it, now you have got them piling up like Bushy wa on your shoulder telling you what to do.
Good luck to you is all I really want to say, good for you sticking at it. Proves it does pay off.
The amount of fisho's I used to see turn of sp's because they didn't catch fish straight away was very depressing.

cheers
tacklenut

davidk

Post by davidk » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:44 am

I saw a massive 40cm bream captured from under Marina dock using an unweighted nipper soft plastic
and letting it drift to bottom and moving to next floating pier until he caught one. His theory was if they were there they would hit it

TrevKing

Post by TrevKing » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:48 am

davidk wrote:I saw a massive 40cm bream captured from under Marina dock using an unweighted nipper soft plastic
and letting it drift to bottom and moving to next floating pier until he caught one. His theory was if they were there they would hit it

Yep, bream can't resist an unweighted plastic with lots of action gently twitched across the bottom.
2015 Goals -
-First Squid
-Trout on SP
-First Murray Cod
-Rainbow over 40cm
-Redfin over 40cm

Return to “Bream Fishing”