Patterson River Tuesday

Everything about bream
ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Patterson River Tuesday

Post by ChrisD » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:34 pm

The burley is bought, prawns in the freezer, chicken strips soaking in tuna oil and a few new soft plastics for good measure. So still heading for the Patterson River Tuesday afternoon. Fingers crossed I can actually get on to a bream or two.
Does anyone have any last pointers or tips that might help? Think I will need all the help I can get :)

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: Patterson River Tuesday

Post by DougieK » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:30 pm

Patience. Bream are weird, somedays they'll hit anything, others you can put whatever you like in front of them and they won't take it.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

Huntnfish

Post by Huntnfish » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:36 pm

Don't be scared to fish in very shallow water it's amazing what you can catch. :thumbsup:

mattsoccerfish

Post by mattsoccerfish » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:41 pm

I agree with Huntnfish, I like fishing shallower water in the patto, try a variety of baits and be patient
Like this Facebook page for awesome fishing reports and photos!! :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matthew- ... 5801189233" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matthew- ... 5801189233" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ratbag

Post by ratbag » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:01 am

DougieK wrote:Patience. Bream are weird, somedays they'll hit anything, others you can put whatever you like in front of them and they won't take it.
tried the pat to yesterday in the yak, could see them in the water, the only thing we didn't throw at them was a stick of jelly! a lot followed lures, no takers. saw a couple caught on prawns. good luck!
quid est quod eum

Tomcat1

Post by Tomcat1 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:51 am

maybe bring a dip net with you to get a few little grass shrimp from the river to use for bait while your there. also if they arent touching bait then maybe try some soft plastics or if you have one a cranka crab. they are great for the bream. or even small vibe lures work well fro the bream.

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:41 pm

ratbag wrote:
DougieK wrote:Patience. Bream are weird, somedays they'll hit anything, others you can put whatever you like in front of them and they won't take it.
tried the pat to yesterday in the yak, could see them in the water, the only thing we didn't throw at them was a stick of jelly! a lot followed lures, no takers. saw a couple caught on prawns. good luck!
Hey Rat
What time were you there?
I was having a pleasant yak ride yesterday arvo there (no rods, just scoping the place :-D )
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:45 pm

Just back from a couple of hours down there, just near the boat ramps.
Ended up with three small bream, all around the 20cm mark, a tonne of bites, although I suspect they were not all Bream.
Mind you even at 20cm, once you hooked up they left you in no doubt they were on the line. And all the bites kept things interesting, even if we did go through quite a bit of chicken and prawns.
The Kmart rod did the damage again, but I can see where a light weight bream rod would have made a difference.
So bream is another I can cross off the list, but like so many others they do remain on the "need to up size" list.
Will be going back there at some stage, was most impressed.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:47 pm

Glad you got onto a few fish!

I saw a couple of pics of a guy landing a jewie down there recently.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:51 pm

ChrisD wrote:Just back from a couple of hours down there, just near the boat ramps.
Ended up with three small bream, all around the 20cm mark, a tonne of bites, although I suspect they were not all Bream.
Mind you even at 20cm, once you hooked up they left you in no doubt they were on the line. And all the bites kept things interesting, even if we did go through quite a bit of chicken and prawns.
The Kmart rod did the damage again, but I can see where a light weight bream rod would have made a difference.
So bream is another I can cross off the list, but like so many others they do remain on the "need to up size" list.
Will be going back there at some stage, was most impressed.
Next time take a 1-3 kg rod and try the same, they feel like monsters, so do the pinkies
cheers

Return to “Bream Fishing”