Bream fishing locations

Everything about bream
GTSHoon

Re: Bream fishing locations

Post by GTSHoon » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:43 pm

Okay excuse my ignorance but I have never seen a green bream, has it turned glow in the dark????? Hahaha
Cam
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

Jay_23

Post by Jay_23 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:55 pm

Haha lol that's true just noticed that now

Jeremy

Jay_23

Post by Jay_23 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:58 pm

I think it's a reflection off his jumper or something

Jeremy

kaotay

Post by kaotay » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:14 pm

Exactly, it was silver but was reflecting the yellow off my fluoro jacket.

Some reckon Yarra bream glow in the dark though, especially next to that power station :icon_lolz:

Stevedang

Post by Stevedang » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:12 am

The best place to fish for bream is the werribee river every bream I caught from there was bigger than 36 cm using live yabbies

aussie_fisho

Post by aussie_fisho » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:36 am

Stevedang wrote:The best place to fish for bream is the werribee river every bream I caught from there was bigger than 36 cm using live yabbies
By yabbies did you mean bass yabbies( nippers) or freshwater yabbies
Here fishy fishy.......

rixter

Post by rixter » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:54 am

aussie_fisho wrote:
Stevedang wrote:The best place to fish for bream is the werribee river every bream I caught from there was bigger than 36 cm using live yabbies
By yabbies did you mean bass yabbies( nippers) or freshwater yabbies
Would be bass yabbies I recon (I might be wrong) , but they are good for bream, sometimes minus the nippers (rip them off) . Small freshwater yabbies work just as good , except i'de rather let them live to get big and eat them, rather than using them as bait.

I've had my fair share bream fishing Lakes Entrance for the last 20+ years. Lucky enough my missus father was a local there; and a major fisho'; and had over 30+ years experience that he passed onto myself when I was a teen, and continued until a few years ago when he passed away. I also inherited a lot of his fishing gear. As much as I loved bream fishing back then, I'm sick to death of them these days as I have caught tonnes of them over the years, and I don't like them for eating anyway / big carp fight better for sport ! ... but.....anyway ........

Best bait in the end was always fresh sandworm, bass yabbies and crushed shell soldier crabs were always a second best. Not as many fish as using sandworm , but they were always bigger using the yabbies or crab.
Tiny shrimp or peeled small prawn was usually the last resort baits on the list when none of the above worked ( although not very often ) .

Cheers , Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

Stevedang

Post by Stevedang » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:40 pm

Yes it was on bass yabbies

tommyfishunter

Post by tommyfishunter » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:02 am

I've fished the Nong a couple of times now without any luck, yet see people pulling in fish around me. I've tried pippies and scrubs with only 1 bite in about 5 hours of fishing. Was wondering besides bass yabbies and sandworms, what other baits will get me on the bream?
Caught 5 northern seastar's on pippes left them next to me on the bank and an old asian lady came and picked them all up, surely you cant eat them?

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:09 am

tommyfishunter wrote:I've fished the Nong a couple of times now without any luck, yet see people pulling in fish around me. I've tried pippies and scrubs with only 1 bite in about 5 hours of fishing. Was wondering besides bass yabbies and sandworms, what other baits will get me on the bream?
Caught 5 northern seastar's on pippes left them next to me on the bank and an old asian lady came and picked them all up, surely you cant eat them?
Mate try some mussels from Coles, they come cryo-vacced from treasure and are still alive, these make an excellent bait
Cam
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

Return to “Bream Fishing”