why do bream spook

Everything about bream
MrI-fish

Re: why do bream spook

Post by MrI-fish » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:14 pm

Hey Subzero, if you can see them eating the mussels of the pylons I would try dropping a bait like mussel or pippies right next to the pylon. The closest you can get to replicating their normal eating habits the greater your chance of hooking up.

slinga

Re: why do bream spook

Post by slinga » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:35 pm

rixter wrote:As mentioned , when they bite , they're on , and sometimes they just don't bite. I think most fish get spooked when near the surface a bit when something comes in from the waters surface, could be a bird or predator of some kind ? , yet when fishing in gippland along 'the rough road, tambo river' , everytime a boat passes the Bream bite ! , true , and has been like this for years.
Myself and my woman see a boat coming, both say ' here we go' , and we're on. Passing boats don't seem to spook the bream around there , it sets them off !, maybe the boat engine churns up the bottom a bit releasing food ?. Still got us stumped to this day , but happens EVERY time ! . True !.

Cheers , Rick.

That's a similar situation to off Sorrento pier. When the ferry comes in and docks, throw a bait in all the chop and whitewash created by the ferry. The trevally start feeding on all the stuff coming up off the bottom.
Linc- "slimeys are great fun to catch, like hooking a giant vibrator with a propeller onto the end of your rod! Well done"

Return to “Bream Fishing”