Werribee south bream ARE BITING

Everything about bream
bradlee

Werribee south bream ARE BITING

Post by bradlee » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:21 pm

Headed down to werribee south and people were all over the place. Set up in between the jetty and the boat ramp, because there was no space. First cast and before i got a second line out, a monster bream pulled my rod straight in the water. To my suprise when i jump the rod was still in the shallows, I grabed it and reeled it all the way in. Now GUESS WHAT because im still leg deep in the water the misses says give me the rod, i do and watch her drop a massive bream right in front of me before i can climb back up.

If i had a big enough hook she would be live bait by that stage. :cussing: :wall:

Anyway a few beers later managed about 7. Only took home 3 and the rest released unharmed. PLUS THE BIG ONE THAT GOT AWAY ;)

Running sinker (sz8) and sz2 hook.

FRESH WORMS CATCH BREAM..!!

andyk

Re: Werribee south bream ARE BITING

Post by andyk » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:31 pm

Estuary carp would not eat em from there but Bloddy good fun to catch tho well done mate

gregorymaka

Post by gregorymaka » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:35 pm

Good work mate,i might head there tonight if i could be bothered,great night for it ,im lucky i live local.

bradlee

Post by bradlee » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:45 pm

Andyk is there a problem with the water in werribee??

E-Koka12

Post by E-Koka12 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:22 pm

Nice one mate. JD Bellin Reserve area? Right where the river ends yeah? You sat in between the 2 jetties? Haha
Nice catch either way. Might head up there my self.

rixter

Post by rixter » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:03 pm

bradlee wrote:Anyway a few beers later managed about 7
7 beers , is that all ? :Bar: , joke ! ..lol . I've had same experiences 'sort of' when handing my rod to the missus when in need of help , only to have the fish get away , cheers Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

grima01

Post by grima01 » Fri May 03, 2013 9:04 pm

bradlee wrote:Headed down to werribee south and people were all over the place. Set up in between the jetty and the boat ramp, because there was no space. First cast and before i got a second line out, a monster bream pulled my rod straight in the water. To my suprise when i jump the rod was still in the shallows, I grabed it and reeled it all the way in. Now GUESS WHAT because im still leg deep in the water the misses says give me the rod, i do and watch her drop a massive bream right in front of me before i can climb back up.

If i had a big enough hook she would be live bait by that stage. :cussing: :wall:

Anyway a few beers later managed about 7. Only took home 3 and the rest released unharmed. PLUS THE BIG ONE THAT GOT AWAY ;)

Running sinker (sz8) and sz2 hook.

FRESH WORMS CATCH BREAM..!!
no mate that not the best bait last weekend I caught a 40cm bream not using worms

Return to “Bream Fishing”