Patterson river for bream

Everything about bream
Jurppa

Patterson river for bream

Post by Jurppa » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:15 pm

Fished Patterson river at high tide (11ish-2pm) 200m from the end ( not the mouth) the 3rd time I have tried for bream with no success. used pipis and peeled prawn. Not even nibbles! Flicked sp's nothing. Not really getting the hang of the technique for sp's or hb's :( has anyone had any luck at Patterson river for bream??

Biggame

Re: Patterson river for bream

Post by Biggame » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:46 pm

Na mate I have fished there afew times not even I bite it suck tho looks likes promising place.

Jurppa

Post by Jurppa » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:23 pm

That sucks.

slinga

Post by slinga » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:32 pm

You need to be fishing around boats/moorings/structure there. Unlikely you will catch a bream just casting anywhere in the river.
Linc- "slimeys are great fun to catch, like hooking a giant vibrator with a propeller onto the end of your rod! Well done"

Jurppa

Post by Jurppa » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:46 pm

Thanks for the advice. Hmmm guess you need a boat/ kayak to get in there? Iv caught a couple baby flatties, they must grow bigger and leave.

cdrolly

Post by cdrolly » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:16 am

After a big rain fish near the mouth where the blue and dirty water meet for some big Bream... WHen it hasn't rained its quite hard to find them... like Slinga said fish the structure... Theres an art to Bream they are so easily spooked. SPeaking of which going to Powlett River to target them tomoz.. SP and live yabbies prawns and pipis in my kit. Try and fish as light as you can too bro are you using flourocarbon leader?

Linc

Post by Linc » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:13 am

If you can get your hands on some live bait (sand worms, salt water yabbies) or after a rain even scrub worms it'll give you much more of a chance there, The only decent bream I've caught and seen caught there were from the bank were on live bait.

Jurppa

Post by Jurppa » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:32 am

Cdrolly yeh I'm using flurocarbon leader. Not yesterday but the time before I used fresh water yabbies Had little nibbles but that was it. Thanks for the advise. I have all next week off aswell so hopefully get out and do some more fishing.

Jurppa

Post by Jurppa » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:33 am

Linc hope this isn't a stupid question, what is a scrub worm?

shaynebennett

Post by shaynebennett » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:15 am

Just a large-ish worm from....the scrub.... lol. Not a silly question. If you haven't been told you don't know. I don't know how to fly a plane coz no one has taught me!!! Scrubbies are a great freshwater bait, wasn't aware they were any good in the salt!!
If only I could fish more

Return to “Bream Fishing”