Bream at the Warmies ???

Everything about bream
vxcalais
Has liked: 3 times

Bream at the Warmies ???

Post by vxcalais » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:09 am

Does anyone fish for Bream in the main channel or along the rock walls either side ? They seem to be more bycatch etc for people targetting other species ? Any advice on the area for the Bream ?

mcbain

Re: Bream at the Warmies ???

Post by mcbain » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:32 am

ever try a frozen prawn unweighted ? i only cast it up to 5 m from the shoreline.. and make sure you have your rod secured so it wont have to chase it across the rocks if you hook up. I have caught some nice bream and pinkies with this method

Tonyzee

Post by Tonyzee » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:41 am

That used to be an excellent spot for bream, but unfortunately very heavy fished, and many undersize caught in the past.

If you are there at the right time you do get some descent sizes, but not sure of its current state, I have caught a 2 lb bream before from there.
But lots of small ones would be guaranteed, they will pretty much eat everything, prawn, bloodworms, small crabs, mussels, pilchard even. But this is no report as much of this info is from past experience, and I would be there myself if they were on but maybe worth a few hours.

rogs
Has liked: 1 time

Post by rogs » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:50 am

night session can produce snappers and odd mulloway so yeah make sure your rod is secure

complete-anglerz-12

Post by complete-anglerz-12 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:49 pm

fish their today with live yabbies and bass plus a few snapper rods and did not a bite or anyone else but the whole area from lagoon pier to their been died from who i see their and seen myslef need to find a new place worth going lb
where is the calamari ............. don't worry they coming ........ they will come

Tonyzee

Post by Tonyzee » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:34 pm

no good with all this dirty water atm

vxcalais
Has liked: 3 times

Post by vxcalais » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:09 pm

Thanks for that. Its a pity as there is good access from land with these rock walls. The only fish i have seen with the eye is the blow fish.

Return to “Bream Fishing”