tough going on the Maribyrnong Saturday 9th Feb

Everything about bream
ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Re: tough going on the Maribyrnong Saturday 9th Feb

Post by ChrisD » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:41 am

I'm still yet to get my first Bream on SP or lure.....however it is hard to achieve when I tend to give up fairly quickly and resort back to bait each time.
Guess I am just an stubborn, old bait fisher.......end of the day I generally results on bait so makes it hard to change over.
Will get there at some stage I am sure.

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:00 pm

ChrisD wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:41 am
I'm still yet to get my first Bream on SP or lure.....however it is hard to achieve when I tend to give up fairly quickly and resort back to bait each time.
Guess I am just an stubborn, old bait fisher.......end of the day I generally results on bait so makes it hard to change over.
Leave all the bait gear behind, grab a light outfit and go for a walk.
:thumbsup:
Ive been fishing for them only for a year now on lures. Its been fun.
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

ChrisD

Post by ChrisD » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:57 pm

smokin_reels wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:00 pm

Last time I tried that......after an hour of flicking with no joy, I took the SP off the jig head, turns some rocks and found a crab and baited it up...and caught a bream.
Maybe I should have been using a cranka crab that day instead of SPs :oops:
Still plenty of fishing left this season...I may get brave enough to try the lure box again

Sebb
Has liked: 2997 times

Post by Sebb » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:18 pm

ChrisD wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:57 pm
smokin_reels wrote:

Last time I tried that......after an hour of flicking with no joy, I took the SP off the jig head, turns some rocks and found a crab and baited it up...and caught a bream.
Still plenty of fishing left this season...I may get brave enough to try the lure box again
I feel you ChrisD. I've fished with everything for years. Bait, plastics, hardbodies, fly. Sometimes when it's really tough, it's so easy to just cast a bait out and chill, and catching fish. Especially if the bait is the live natural food source of the targeted fish, like that crabs in the Nong. No risk of losing $20 cranka crab lure too.

But there are days lure can outfish bait too. I've been to Lorne pier where everyone was bait fishing and caught nothing all day, I came with squidgy flick bait and straight away catching salmons.
I'm no master of bream fishing, but metro breams are fussy as. Specially with lures.

Go to Anglesea and the breams are waaaayyy easier to catch. Cast any small plastic and they'll hit it.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

smokin_reels

Post by smokin_reels » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:44 am

Seb85 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:18 pm
ChrisD wrote:
smokin_reels wrote:

I feel you ChrisD. I've fished with everything for years. Bait, plastics, hardbodies, fly. Sometimes when it's really tough, it's so easy to just cast a bait out and chill, and catching fish. Especially if the bait is the live natural food source of the targeted fish, like that crabs in the Nong. No risk of losing $20 cranka crab lure too.

But there are days lure can outfish bait too. I've been to Lorne pier where everyone was bait fishing and caught nothing all day, I came with squidgy flick bait and straight away catching salmons.
I'm no master of bream fishing, but metro breams are fussy as. Specially with lures.

Go to Anglesea and the breams are waaaayyy easier to catch. Cast any small plastic and they'll hit it.

Agree. Metro bream are skiddish asf
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

ChrisD

Post by ChrisD » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:16 pm

Sounds like Anglesea needs to be added to my list of fishing destinations to get round too.....

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:08 pm

smokin_reels wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:44 am
Seb85 wrote:
ChrisD wrote:
smokin_reels wrote:

yeah with dingbats like you fishing there, they need to be :rofl:

smokin_reels

Post by smokin_reels » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:12 am

purple5ive wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:08 pm
smokin_reels wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:44 am
Seb85 wrote:
ChrisD wrote:
smokin_reels wrote:

yeah with dingbats like you fishing there, they need to be :rofl:

:rofl:

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:17 am

ChrisD wrote:

Yeah Chris, I'm the same, a stubborn old bait fisher. Mind you some of the posts on here are enticing me to get more into it (other than the occasional dabble in snook and salmon fishing that I do). I did read a post here a week or two back that explain it perfectly and really was a great starter for a novice lure fisho like me. I should dig it up.

rb85 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:04 am
Bugatti wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:50 am
ChrisD wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:10 am

I would normally say that even without catching anything it was better to be out fishing then home in the recliner......but this time the recliner may have been the better option. :(
On the, it would have been better back home on your recliner, a few of us have felt that way. Only thing, not sure if we would all fit on your recliner :-D

couch crowd 1.jpg

Cheers, Bugatti
Nice family photo Bill

Thanks rb, but that was a borrowed family, mine is a bit more like The Addams family, full of lovable characters, just not as normal as The Jones

addams-family.jpg
addams-family.jpg (31.9 KiB) Viewed 2141 times

Cheers, Bugatti

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:44 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:17 am
ChrisD wrote:

Yeah Chris, I'm the same, a stubborn old bait fisher. Mind you some of the posts on here are enticing me to get more into it (other than the occasional dabble in snook and salmon fishing that I do). I did read a post here a week or two back that explain it perfectly and really was a great starter for a novice lure fisho like me. I should dig it up.

rb85 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:04 am
Bugatti wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:50 am
ChrisD wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:10 am

I would normally say that even without catching anything it was better to be out fishing then home in the recliner......but this time the recliner may have been the better option. :(
On the, it would have been better back home on your recliner, a few of us have felt that way. Only thing, not sure if we would all fit on your recliner :-D

couch crowd 1.jpg

Cheers, Bugatti
Nice family photo Bill

Thanks rb, but that was a borrowed family, mine is a bit more like The Addams family, full of lovable characters, just not as normal as The Jones

addams-family.jpg

Cheers, Bugatti
Are you fester Bill.

Return to “Bream Fishing”