Midlife crisis?? Advice needed.

Everything about bream
M9085

Midlife crisis?? Advice needed.

Post by M9085 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:46 am

I have decided to get serious and enter some Bream comps.

First things first, I need a decent outfit. While I understand that good quality rod won’t catch more or bigger fish I thought why not get a decent quality outfit?

I have been looking at Daiwa TNSB 702ULFSOH light spin rod. Would anyone advise something similar in other brands or is this the bees knees of bream fishing rods?

Thanks in advance.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Midlife crisis?? Advice needed.

Post by purple5ive » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:05 am

you cannot buy them new anymore, if you can find one new then they are a good rod, but its a very soft noodle rod. so depends on what you want to do with it. plastics, hardbodys, blades etc etc.
they are moreso a cranking rod, so mainly used to slow roll crank type hardbodies. thats what i use mine for as well.
what sort of bream comps you want to enter will decide what type of rods you should get. ie . kayak/boat comps or just friendly club comps where anything goes.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:17 am

John has a kayak
But he was tossing us gettijg a boat like mine he said one day.

But if you into flicking lures a run about with a front deck would be better.i think

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:21 am

Yak or boat based Bream comps? It doesn’t take a lot of money to set up for comps but it does require a bit of research. Plenty of people that can help you out with it.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:41 am

:thumbsup: Sounds like a good way to celebrate your mid-life crisis...Doesn't matter how much you spend, it will still be cheaper than buying a Harley or getting caught shagging the receptionist.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:23 pm

Get a jetski and a monaro
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

M9085

Post by M9085 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:54 pm

purple5ive wrote:you cannot buy them new anymore, if you can find one new then they are a good rod, but its a very soft noodle rod. so depends on what you want to do with it. plastics, hardbodys, blades etc etc.
they are moreso a cranking rod, so mainly used to slow roll crank type hardbodies. thats what i use mine for as well.
what sort of bream comps you want to enter will decide what type of rods you should get. ie . kayak/boat comps or just friendly club comps where anything goes.
Bugga!
is there anything you would recommend instead? Don't know why but soft plastics is where my heart lies. (possibly cos I cant seem to catch one on plastics) If possible at all something I could also use for hardbodies on Trout. I do have a yak and saving for a boat.
Mattblack wrote:

Sounds like a good way to celebrate your mid-life crisis...Doesn't matter how much you spend, it will still be cheaper than buying a Harley or getting caught shagging the receptionist.
yep I figured :-D
4liters wrote:Get a jetski and a monaro
Never been a petrol head although I enjoy a nice ride.
ducky wrote:Yak or boat based Bream comps? It doesn’t take a lot of money to set up for comps but it does require a bit of research. Plenty of people that can help you out with it.
Where should I look?
smile0784 wrote:John has a kayak

But if you into flicking lures a run about with a front deck would be better.i think
me being me I want best of two worlds,which I might add is hard at times

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:16 pm

M9085 wrote:I have decided to get serious and enter some Bream comps.
Have you thought about how to tell your father you're fishing for bream?

Slightly more seriously, there are some pretty good bream fisho's on here, if you provide more information about the comps / locations etc i'm sure someone will help you.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

M9085

Post by M9085 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:45 pm

Slightly more seriously, there are some pretty good bream fisho's on here, if you provide more information about the comps / locations etc i'm sure someone will help you.[/quote]
I have never been to any comp in Australia so not quite sure how it works. I guess I would need to have a practice run or two so I know how it works.
quite happy to travel anywhere in Vic. I'm based in western suburbs so Nong, Werribee river are at my door step( for practice)
Anyone??

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:07 pm

what about something in the generation black series checkout there specs and if you find something that might suit give armadale angling a ring very helpfull guys there

Return to “Bream Fishing”