Why so hard to catch Bream in Docklands

Everything about bream
sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Why so hard to catch Bream in Docklands

Post by sloth » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:13 am

My post on the docks is in the premium members section. You'll have to throw a few bucks at the site to access it.

Docks bream are highly pressured so pretty finicky. Took me ages to get my first. Trick with the strike pro micro vibes is really just patience and moving. Drop every single pylon you can - open the bail and feed line out by hand so it drops through the water column freely ... If the line stops, twitches or does anything other than smoothly drop close the bail and strike. Couple of drops per pylon and move. They are pretty good at seeing you too and if they do you got little hope of a bite. I often just put the rod tip over the edge and I never walk to the edge and look over. Walk around with Polaroids you can sometimes spot fish on pontoons edges or on pylons from a distance and then sneak up on them all ninja like staying away from the edge. Same trick with the light cranka crab. Drop and move.

Crab or blade you can sit on the bottom near the pylon and gentle lift and drop. Doing this with a blade after dark can be successful if the fish are around.

Other option is soft plastics grubs, worms, wrigglers worked along the dock edges.

Really for success at the docks it's just patience, a lot of moving around and staying out of sight as much as possible. Sometimes the answer is casting micros from a distance to keep separation from you and the bream.

This time of year the nong can be the easier option. Walk the banks around the high tide - the bream will be cruising the rock banks on the high. Hardbody bream lures like strike pro pygmy, atomic shads etc worked close to the bank. Cast out along the bank so the lure
lands a metre or so out from the edge and then bring it back to you with a slow roll with a few pauses thrown in.

Can also cast the same with a soft plastics like a grub or wriggler and hop back to you slowly. A cranka crab sat in the shallow edge and slowly dragged back works too but not an exciting way to fish and you run the risk of it getting wedged in the rocks dependent where you fish. Fish anywhere from dynon Rd all the way up to canning st and the rock weir and there is bream. Again the key is don't be spotted. Stay back, cast at a distance and if you spook fish at your feet move on. Trick again is just to keep moving ....

I fish 4lb leader or 4lb straight through most places. Possibly go 6 in the docks if it's night or not clear. Lighter seems to get more bites... But could just be a confidence thing

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:20 am

smile0784 wrote:I know purple5ive enters bream comps and has reasently caught a few and seams to know how to catxh things on lures lol
Ah, the Bream murderer you mean..?
He should be locked up..

wem21
Has liked: 42 times

Post by wem21 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:41 am

CarlG wrote:
smile0784 wrote:I know purple5ive enters bream comps and has reasently caught a few and seams to know how to catxh things on lures lol
He should be locked up..
whats your problem with p5?

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:01 am

CarlG wrote:
He should be locked up..
All his fish were size and the other person he was fishing with him vould of added more.
Its not all his fault.
Its particularly the skipperes fault not steves.

Stop the public crucifixion of steve.
You werent there and didint know exactly what happened
And if you dont release every single fish you hold your self to the same expectation and have double standard

Broomstick
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Broomstick » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:03 am

Sarcasm obviously doesn't translate over the internet.

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Post by greggo » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:07 am

smile0784 wrote:
CarlG wrote:
He should be locked up..
All his fish were size and the other person he was fishing with him vould of added more.
Its not all his fault.

And if you dont release every single fish you hold your self to the same expectation and have double standard
Ouch...! ;-)

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:30 am

Broomstick wrote:Sarcasm obviously doesn't translate over the internet.
Sarcasm or not,
Its rude and demeaning to post on a public forum.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:07 pm

smile0784 wrote:
CarlG wrote:
He should be locked up..
Its not all his fault.

Gee man that post really must have pissed off a lot of guys hahah.
Smiley,
shorty (aka carlg) is only taking the ****. I know him personally just like i do you..
I think ill have to go murder some more bream.. err i mean catch and release some more bream.to balance this situation out hahah.

Ps. Its good to see I've got some positive support when needed thanks lads :thumbsup:

Let's get back onto topic.

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:56 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Sarcasm or not,
Its rude and demeaning to post on a public forum.
Silence, buffoon.

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:58 pm

:thumbsup:
I know Purple very well, he's a very decent bloke. We always have a bit of a larf at each others expense...
Absolutely no ill intent at all.

Return to “Bream Fishing”