The Bream Master Is Back!!!

Everything about bream
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

The Bream Master Is Back!!!

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:54 am

Gday lads.
Started the first fishing trip of the year with a bang.
Headed down to catch up with a mate for some flats fishing for bream.
Once we found the patches of fish it was game on. I had great succes high sticking a crank in a just over a foot of water riddled with weed. I just love the way bream hit a hardbody. 4lb leader and a nice parabolic actioned rod and hold on!!!
They certainly weren't big fish. Rsnging from 29 to 36cm We landed a total of 22 bream and 5 estuary perch between 2 people and we also dropped about 6 fish.
This is one of my most memorable bream sessions as of yet. One that will always be remebered.
Ps. You don't need a latte in hand to catch bream. I found out that a long black will do just fine :-D
Cheers

FB_IMG_1515019766072.jpg
FB_IMG_1515019783709.jpg
FB_IMG_1515019777774.jpg

Broomstick
Has liked: 2 times

Re: The Bream Master Is Back!!!

Post by Broomstick » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:26 am

Nice work Steve. But, what's with all the fish on the deck? Keeping fish in live wells has annoyed me for a long time. If you are going to release a fish, release it straight away. You are only doing the fish more harm by keeping it in a live well. This belief that fish can recover in a live well is a total myth - it is well documented that keeping fish in a confined space can have a range of detrimental effects, eg: disrupted plasma electrolyte concentrations, increased glucose and lactate concentrations in the blood, disrupted plasma enzyme activity, altered plasma chemistry, etc - all of which reduce the fitness of the fish. I have actually helped run some of these experiments - we caught fish and took a range of different physiological measurements immediately after capture, then put them in enclosed, aerated containers for two hours while taking periodic physiological measurements. Over time, the health of the fish steadily deteriorated. I'll admit that bream are tough, but still, you aren't doing them any favours.

johnnycjay
Has liked: 1 time

Post by johnnycjay » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:40 am

Disgraceful effort that. Bream are slow growing fish. Sorry but I don't rate your fishing at all.

Broomstick
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Broomstick » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:46 am

johnnycjay wrote:Disgraceful effort that. Bream are slow growing fish. Sorry but I don't rate your fishing at all.
I assume he didn't keep the fish, just took them out of the live well for a photo at the end of the session.
Last edited by Broomstick on Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

cantcatchem

Post by cantcatchem » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:48 am

purple5ive wrote:Gday lads.
Started the first fishing trip of the year with a bang.
Headed down to catch up with a mate for some flats fishing for bream.
Once we found the patches of fish it was game on. I had great succes high sticking a crank in a just over a foot of water riddled with weed. I just love the way bream hit a hardbody. 4lb leader and a nice parabolic actioned rod and hold on!!!
They certainly weren't big fish. Rsnging from 29 to 36cm We landed a total of 22 bream and 5 estuary perch between 2 people and we also dropped about 6 fish.
This is one of my most memorable bream sessions as of yet. One that will always be remebered.
Ps. You don't need a latte in hand to catch bream. I found out that a long black will do just fine :-D
Cheers

FB_IMG_1515019766072.jpg
FB_IMG_1515019783709.jpg
FB_IMG_1515019777774.jpg
Not sure why all the negative feedback but I reckon you did a great job on catching all those fish on hardbody's, I couldn't agree more than catching bream and especially on HB lures is a buzz, you did all the right things in keeping them alive them releasing them and you didn't break any rules so I can't see the problem, cheers :a_goodjob:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:07 am

Awesome session Steve!
Well done mate :thumbsup:

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:07 am

Nice report & fish Steve :thumbsup:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

bilby

Post by bilby » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:09 am

Those fish are surely destined to be eaten - the boat is already on dry land in the photo.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:31 am

johnnycjay wrote:Disgraceful effort that. Bream are slow growing fish. Sorry but I don't rate your fishing at all.
Pretty harsh Mate, it's a fishing website, he generously posted a report with pictures of fish he legally caught.

cantcatchem

Post by cantcatchem » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:36 am

bilby wrote:Those fish are surely destined to be eaten - the boat is already on dry land in the photo.
AND?

Return to “Bream Fishing”