Bream fishing at Tambo and Mitchell

Everything about bream
Hammy Y

Re: Bream fishing at Tambo and Mitchell

Post by Hammy Y » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:05 am

Kimtown wrote:Gone are the days where you could bag out on nice sized bream in the Gippsland lakes river systems in only a matter of hours.

The last few times I've head up there it's nothing but peckers and undersized bream. But maybe that's just me.

I prefer to drive the extra half hour and go to tyres.
Im with ya on that one, I've been fishing there for over 10years and i used to hook up often to big (35cm+)
Bream or even just more consistently smaller 30cm models but in recent years im lucky if I catch one 35cm in a couple of hours on the Tambo.
Cheers,
Ham

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:08 am

Hammy Y wrote:
Kimtown wrote:Gone are the days where you could bag out on nice sized bream in the Gippsland lakes river systems in only a matter of hours.

The last few times I've head up there it's nothing but peckers and undersized bream. But maybe that's just me.

Im with ya on that one, I've been fishing there for over 10years and i used to hook up often to big (35cm+)
Bream or even just more consistently smaller 30cm models but in recent years im lucky if I catch one 35cm in a couple of hours on the Tambo.
Cheers,
Ham
I'd be extremely happy with a 35cm out of the Tambo, Mitchell or Nicholson. That's a great sized fish, for there.

I've heard many stories how my dad use to go to the Tambo and take 40 a night with crap gear, cheap bait and little effort.

No wonder there's no decent fish there nowadays lol

Hammy Y

Post by Hammy Y » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:03 am

Kimtown wrote:
Hammy Y wrote:

Cheers,
Ham
I'd be extremely happy with a 35cm out of the Tambo, Mitchell or Nicholson. That's a great sized fish, for there.

I've heard many stories how my dad use to go to the Tambo and take 40 a night with crap gear, cheap bait and little effort.

No wonder there's no decent fish there nowadays lol
Haha sounds like he wouldve had some fun back in his day, shame we cant experience the same thing today, I do love pulling in a 35cm, such an amazing fish and so rare at that size

Return to “Bream Fishing”