Barwon Heads Breams

Everything about bream
Breamster

Re: Barwon Heads Breams

Post by Breamster » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:26 pm

Hi Scarecrow,
For breams &ludericks, I use a running sinker rig, No. 2 long bait holder hooks & No. 5 egg sinker due to the strong current. For bait, I use fresh live sandworm pumped at low tide around Ozone jetty.
Had an RDO today, so went down there around 8:30 this morning. Landed 3 breams (smallest 29cm), 4 ludericks & somehow managed to hook a flounder on the back. Not bad for a 4hrs work.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (195.3 KiB) Viewed 809 times

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:31 pm

nice work Breamster, cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:55 pm

Thankyou for the pointers Breamster, you are more than a master, you are a Legend, talkin about mastering the Barwon Estuary :victory: :thumbsup:

Rob

Martyjohnson

Post by Martyjohnson » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:58 am

do any of guys do much soft pastic or hardbody fishing for bream in the barwon or all use bait?

just wondering as i love my bream fishing with plastics and hardbodies but havent tried it in the barwon yet

cheer Marty

Breamster

Post by Breamster » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:35 am

Hi Marty,
I have never use soft or hardbody lures. Always use fresh baits from the river itself.
Bass yabbies, sand worm & soldier crabs.
I have'nt seen anyone caught a bream with lure at Barwon estuary on land.

I'm no bream master or pro, Rob. I just love my Barwon River and learn to overcome the difficult condition there over many fishing trips. Some days came home empty handed.

Kev

rogs
Has liked: 1 time

Post by rogs » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:35 pm

very nice catch again breamster........how's the water at the moment in the river is it still murky?

Martyjohnson

Post by Martyjohnson » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:08 pm

thanks mate

I have grown up on the barwon and love my barwon fishing espcially trawling for the cocky salmon
but havent tried bream fishing in there, so was just wondering. ill be returning to ocean grove and ill give my plastics and hardbodied bream lures a crack and then report how i go up there =)

Breamster

Post by Breamster » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:30 pm

rogs wrote:very nice catch again breamster........how's the water at the moment in the river is it still murky?
Hi rogs,
The water was very discoloured from June to end of Aug and was un-fishable. Only started fishing there again since Sept and the water is much clearer and producing good catches.

Kev

Breamster

Post by Breamster » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:36 pm

Martyjohnson wrote:thanks mate

I have grown up on the barwon and love my barwon fishing espcially trawling for the cocky salmon
but havent tried bream fishing in there, so was just wondering. ill be returning to ocean grove and ill give my plastics and hardbodied bream lures a crack and then report how i go up there =)
Looking forward to hear how you go. Good luck.
I was speaking to a local and he said there are plenty of breams & perches in the little river just behind Ocean Grove golf course. I can't get there on foot, but you can with a boat.

Kev

Berto Pescatore

Post by Berto Pescatore » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:01 pm

Great work Breamster, especially the luderick on Sandworms that is fantastic. I haven't catch them for years and years now.

Return to “Bream Fishing”