Everything about bream
ep3r

Re: Barwon Heads Breams

Post by ep3r » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:22 am

Nice catch man

Noxcus

Barwon Heads Breams

Post by Noxcus » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:17 pm

Great catch man you know your stuff, last time i caught side bream up at gypsy point mallacoota got some monsters up there and also used running sinker, man they are sneaky buggers really have to check the tip of rod for tiny movement unlike snapper.

shazzagraz

Post by shazzagraz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:33 pm

Noxcus wrote:Great catch man you know your stuff, last time i caught side bream up at gypsy point mallacoota got some monsters up there and also used running sinker, man they are sneaky buggers really have to check the tip of rod for tiny movement unlike snapper.
Really? I've never had an issue detecting a bream bite. Last one I caught almost pulled my rod into the water before I could get to it lol.

Breamster

Post by Breamster » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:06 pm

shazzagraz wrote:
Noxcus wrote:Great catch man you know your stuff, last time i caught side bream up at gypsy point mallacoota got some monsters up there and also used running sinker, man they are sneaky buggers really have to check the tip of rod for tiny movement unlike snapper.
Really? I've never had an issue detecting a bream bite. Last one I caught almost pulled my rod into the water before I could get to it lol.
Here in B/Heads, when a bream bites, the tip of your rod hits the water. It's the ludericks that are sneaky buggers, they nibble on your bait gently.

lunner

Post by lunner » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:27 pm

Hi all

Was thinking of making a trip down to Barwon for some breams. Just wondering if there is any other 'local' bait other than sandworms that can be gathered during lowtide (I got a bait pump).

Thanks

Breamster

Post by Breamster » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:20 pm

You can also pump bass yabbies & soldier/spider crabs. Both are great baits for breams.

lunner

Post by lunner » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:33 am

Awesome. Thanks for the info

Neckbeard

Post by Neckbeard » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:27 pm

Hey breammster. What tide do you usually fish for bream, great catches by the way! Also a bit of a thread revival!

Return to “Bream Fishing”