Vicbream Round 3 - Marlo

Everything about bream
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Vicbream Round 3 - Marlo

Post by purple5ive » Wed May 03, 2017 11:29 pm

G'day Guys.
i know this isn't everyone's cup of tea here, but for those who are interested read on...

The last weekend seen me enter My first ever Bream Tournament Down at Marlo.
The even was held Over 2 days on the weekend from 7am start to 2pm finish

Friday afternoon myself and The Team mate packed up and headed down From Melbourne to Marlo with the tinny in Tow.
We got to Marlo at about 7pm, hit the pub straight away for some dinner and a few drinks. after that checked in to the room and after a bit of telly began to plan for the next day.
4lb leaders were summoned along with various hardbodies and blades
after everything was rigged up, we hit the bed to get some sleep before the organised chaos began the next day.

saturday morning woke up nice and early, hooked the boat up, stored the rods in the boat and headed down to the Ramp to check in.

The morning started off with a glitch as the sounder decided it didnt want to start working, so we decided to fish wherever we though might hold some bream, the weather was a bit on the cold side and we managed 2 bream within 30mins of starting. it was then a slog to find out bag of 5 fish, fish no5 coming from a nice snag and was the best fish of the day going a very respectable 41.5cm so close to my PB of 42.
we headed in happy that we got our bag of 5 fish to the weigh in and came off with a 3.45kg, not bad for a first timer, consideirng there were people who caught nothing, and also at the other end of the scale some cracking fish were weighed in with the heaviest for the day beign a 6kg plus bag so some brutes in there. we were sitting at 32nd place out of 57 teams, not bad considering its my first time.
headed back to the pub for dinner and some drinks and a few games of pool and called it a night

Next day started off even worse, not only did the sounder not work, now the trolling motor also decided it didnt want to work, this is really bad news as it restricts us severely as to where we can fish, so we were now at the mercy of the wind and tide, needless to say we got donuts on the bream and caught every other species that was swimming there.

and with that just as quickly as it started it was all over. i however enjoyed it quite a lot, got to see how tournaments are run, meet new people, see some awsome boats and electronics, and got to fish in a tournament with some of the big boys in the breaming world.
Needless to say ill be back for more.

Biggest fish on day 1 (41.5cm)

Releasing Bag from day1

cheers

ChrisAbout

Re: Vicbream Round 3 - Marlo

Post by ChrisAbout » Thu May 04, 2017 4:56 am

More boats than fish .... :)

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Thu May 04, 2017 10:48 am

hahah yeah 55 boats was a lot on that system. some of them with 250hp motors lolll

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Thu May 04, 2017 10:51 am

Nice work steve, will be participating in some upcoming bream comps soon myself.
Any idea what caused the issues for you, with working electronics I imagine you guys would have place a bit better.

Cheers Alex
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Thu May 04, 2017 11:00 am

Comps are def. fun, id def encourage guys like yourself to do it.
sounder just wouldnt work, no idea what happened and the footpedal on the trolling motor went bust and my mate didnt have a hand controller so that was the end of that.
drfiting in a channel with other anchored boats in the tournament is hard work as you can't get too close to them due to rules. so we had to stay away from the crowd which was a shame as it was quite obvious they had sounded up a school and was sitting on them.

Yi1978

Post by Yi1978 » Thu May 04, 2017 11:26 am

41.5cm bream is still a good catch, well done mate :victory:

Return to “Bream Fishing”