Patterson river report

Everything about bream
mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Patterson river report

Post by mazman » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:05 am

Hey guys took the kayak down to the patterson river on friday morning to work over the pontoons with lightly weighted plastics, stick minnows and cranka crabs. Arrived just before first light and paddled into the marina and waited until there was enough light to start casting, I started off with a cranka crab but wasn't getting any attention. At first I put this down to the colour of the water but as time went on I started to question where the bream were. Eventually I decided to put one pontoon aside from fishing and dedicated it to an up close inspection for bream, usually this results in finding that the bream are sitting at a particular point on the pontoons or helps to determine their behaviour and as a result helps to catch them but all I got was nothing. I moved between about three pontoons checking for signs of life but there was nothing to be found. Eventually I started working the rockwalls with a small sp, this paid dividends as first cast I landed a 25cm bream, followed by a 28 shortly after, the micro bream (<15cms) were getting annoying hitting the plastic most casts but if you could work through them there were some good fish to be had. I finished the morning with 5 bream (25,28,31,33 and 34.5) with all fish taking a zman grub in motor oil.

Cheers Alex.

Ps sorry about the lack of photos, it is hard to get a decent photo of a fish on a kayak and as a result I don't often take photos of what I catch
Last edited by mazman on Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Patterson river

Post by Lightningx » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:26 am

Nice report mate and well done with the breams :thumbsup:

skuxliss

Re: Patterson river

Post by skuxliss » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:23 pm

Good work Al!

Bar002811

Re: Patterson river report

Post by Bar002811 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:44 pm

Goo d bream catch mate worked hard for them

Buckle&scream

Re: Patterson river report

Post by Buckle&scream » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:59 am

Sounds like a productive sessions there bud, we'll done!

Return to “Bream Fishing”