burnley area

Everything about bream
hunghang1123

burnley area

Post by hunghang1123 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:00 pm

G'day fellas
Does anyone have any ideas about burnley area and are the bream still around? And any hot spot?
Cheers!

TackleNut

Re: burnley area

Post by TackleNut » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:27 pm

hunghang1123 wrote:G'day fellas
Does anyone have any ideas about burnley area and are the bream still around? And any hot spot?
Cheers!
Hi,
Just going on previous years with fishing around there, with all the rain lately the fresh water pouring into the Yarra above Burnley will be pushing the Bream further and further down towards South Gate area & Docklands.

Good luck with finding any, and if you do let us know as I love a good day breaming.

cheers
Tacklenut

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: burnley area

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:54 pm

last year, lots of bream had lesions around Docklands area.....scales off, red patches, open wounds. Scared the hell out of me. I was hesitant to hold them to take the hooks off. Some guys said to me "It's OK to eat, if those are parasites causing the wounds, just cook the fish properly". I was speechless. The yuck-factor was playing in my mind. :yucky: That was August-September last year when the water was so brown...
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Return to “Bream Fishing”