bream bait

Everything about bream
sedgez900

bream bait

Post by sedgez900 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:20 pm

gidday out there I fish in Hopkins Warrnambool my question is there s is a bit of water comin into river at momnent because of rains ,and the drains that flow in so last Saturday tried something took some garden worms to fish with and got jacksh!t should I try again has anyone fished with garden worms for bream with any luck

drewb

Re: bream bait

Post by drewb » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:06 am

Can't say I've fished the Hopkins, but worms work pretty well for bream over on the east coast. Peeled prawns and yabbies are also good.

nafa

Post by nafa » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:26 am

I have used Scrub Worms with excellent results in the Werribee River on the Bream before. Not the same but similar.

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:17 am

Garden worms don't seem to catch bream for some reason but scrub worms work well at times

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:53 am

Use live mussels from Coles they are the bomb!
Cam
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

fitzy90

Post by fitzy90 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:11 pm

I would not waste time with garden worms, there are great spots in the hopkins and very close by where you can pump pod worms, spew worms and bass yabbies. If you need more details PM me.

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:58 pm

I used garden worms from the compost bin on the Patterson River - they out fished chicken soaked in Tuna oil, and shrimp.
But I think it depends on the day, some days a bait will work others they won't touch it. Always pays to have more then one bait or lure option in the bag of tricks each trip.

andyk

Post by andyk » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:22 pm

nafa wrote:I have used Scrub Worms with excellent results in the Werribee River on the Bream before. Not the same but similar.

Same here bloddy good bait when they are taking them unweighted cast near the bank at the pines or up near the island . Same in the anglsea river.

Woollies

Post by Woollies » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:58 pm

I was fishing the Hoppies a week ago and Garden Worms were the best bait. Went through a punnet and a bit in a couple of hours and also caught my PB Perch at the same time on worms. Maybe it was just the stretch of river you were fishing?

andyk

Post by andyk » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:39 pm

I dont know if it just the werribee river or not but you alwas seem to need a selection of baits just to see what they want on the day , and that can change some days with the tide. Bloddy estury carp !!!

Return to “Bream Fishing”