The Bream Master Is Back!!!

Everything about bream
Broomstick
Has liked: 2 times

Re: The Bream Master Is Back!!!

Post by Broomstick » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:44 am

I've got nothing against keeping fish for a feed. I just don't like when people keep fish in a live well only to release them later. If you are going to release a fish, do it straight away.

Jeff67

Post by Jeff67 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:48 am

The negative feed back hasn't even touched on the fact he's over his bag/possession limit.
Livewells 60-80 litres are for bait or 4 bream in a tournament or use it how you like as long as your within your limits, unless his livewell is 300-400 litres.
Looks like a fisheries pic making an example of someone.
I think real bream fishos would be disgusted.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:51 am

Great catch!
How do we know they weren't put on ice asap in an eski and taken out for a quick photo at the end of the day?

Broomstick
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Broomstick » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:14 am

cantcatchem wrote:
bilby wrote:Those fish are surely destined to be eaten - the boat is already on dry land in the photo.
AND?
And if he was keeping them, he'd be over the bag limit. Bream = 10 per person. Steve was fishing with 2 people and I count 22. Therefore I assume he released them. That said, keeping 22 fish in a live well is not good for fish welfare.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:41 am

hahahaha man this is worse than the **** fight i got into on facebook trolling some fool on alloy boats.
had to log into a pc after seeing the replies so i can reply back properly ;-)
anyway ill try and reply to all in one go.

Some of those fish were taken home.
All fish are Legal
Theres no pics of perch cause they were sent home straight away after capture, not even pics, they werent that big anyway.
Its not my boat, so skippers rules apply (within reason ofcourse) he mentioned to me as soon as we were out that some will be going home for a feed.
Livewell is a barra Comp sized one im not sure how big though.
Remind me again why i stopped posting reports on here??
Haters and jellies can get F@k#d,
im suprised no one asked about the latte, WTF??? :rofl:
and last but not least , i dont have to explain myself here but ill do that to keep the peace..
i was almost tempted to just leave it and watch the fun, but i cant do that hahaha

Broomstick wrote:Nice work Steve. But, what's with all the fish on the deck? Keeping fish in live wells has annoyed me for a long time. If you are going to release a fish, release it straight away. You are only doing the fish more harm by keeping it in a live well. This belief that fish can recover in a live well is a total myth - it is well documented that keeping fish in a confined space can have a range of detrimental effects, eg: disrupted plasma electrolyte concentrations, increased glucose and lactate concentrations in the blood, disrupted plasma enzyme activity, altered plasma chemistry, etc - all of which reduce the fitness of the fish. I have actually helped run some of these experiments - we caught fish and took a range of different physiological measurements immediately after capture, then put them in enclosed, aerated containers for two hours while taking periodic physiological measurements. Over time, the health of the fish steadily deteriorated. I'll admit that bream are tough, but still, you aren't doing them any favours.
Pat i respect what your saying mate, as your the Informed about fish science not me, but it wasnt my boat, so had to play by the rules.
some of those fish didnt swim away because they are in a freezer.
now for the whole live well thing. i do a bit of occasional comps and need one to be legal.
also when they are on a hot bite like that, its easier to leave them in the well and take pics when its slowed down.
also how big were these aerated containers in the test labs?? im curious now hahaha
if the comps have a 60l livewell as a minimum, im sure they would be fine for use in he comp. they wouldnt do it otherwise because fish would be dead on arrival, whic means instant disqualification!!!

johnnycjay wrote:Disgraceful effort that. Bream are slow growing fish. Sorry but I don't rate your fishing at all.
is that so??? you clearly have nfi about myself, your new here so i suggest maybe do some research before assuming what people know or dont know and bagging people yeah.
bilby wrote:Those fish are surely destined to be eaten - the boat is already on dry land in the photo.
so you can see a wee bit of sand in the pic so automatically assume its at home??
so it certainly 100% genuinely, absoluetly postively cannot be 50m from the ramp where the fish can be released safely right??
Jeff67 wrote:The negative feed back hasn't even touched on the fact he's over his bag/possession limit.
Livewells 60-80 litres are for bait or 4 bream in a tournament or use it how you like as long as your within your limits, unless his livewell is 300-400 litres.
Looks like a fisheries pic making an example of someone.
I think real bream fishos would be disgusted.
see top of post about livewell
the whole point of the pic was to show how many fish were caught, hence why theres 21 in the pic
the ones that looked worse for wear got taken home, the better conditioned fish went back
real bream fishos?? last time i checked there wasnt any they are all fake just like me :rofl:
Kimtown wrote:Great catch!
How do we know they weren't put on ice asap in an eski and taken out for a quick photo at the end of the day?
learn to tell the difference between dead fish and live fish...

Thanks for the guys who have been positive, cheers lads..
even if i took my bag home its all still clearly Legal so im not so sure why all this negativity, but thats ok im still having fun here.
cheers

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:47 am

Great catch, what was the water temp and clarity like?

cantcatchem

Post by cantcatchem » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:51 am

Well said Steve, the old guilty before proven innocent, lol, I would say more a case of jealousy is a curse, I have seen you on Facebook and know that you fish comps and are a very respectable bream fisho, keep up the good work

johnnycjay
Has liked: 1 time

Post by johnnycjay » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:56 am

Not jealous. :down:

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:57 am

frozenpod wrote:Great catch, what was the water temp and clarity like?
bream dont generally care hahaha
but to answer your question, i honestly didnt check the temperature, i never do for bream. water clarity was rubbish, but bream generally dont give a rats ive found

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:59 am

cantcatchem wrote:Well said Steve, the old guilty before proven innocent, lol, I would say more a case of jealousy is a curse, I have seen you on Facebook and know that you fish comps and are a very respectable bream fisho, keep up the good work
ahaha cheers lad, im getting roasted there too for putting them on the deck like that, amongst various other things.
but they dont know the carpet is wet(not on purpose though) but i dont need to tell them either..

Return to “Bream Fishing”