Fishing report & best made plans

Black Rock, Beaumaris, Half Moon Bay, Mordialloc, Parkdale
ango

Fishing report & best made plans

Post by ango » Thu May 08, 2014 3:03 pm

Hi All,

As per my "Woo Hoo" post, finally have 3 days off work 7,8,&9th May, and fluked a run of good weather as well.Went out yesterday, mainly fished inshore off Mordi, Parkdale & Beaumaris, tried for calas, gars, flatties, salmon, pike & pinkies, basically, no gars, no pike, maybe some salmon about, saw some birds working & trolled around the area, but they were moving so fast I could never get to the right area quick enough, and the water was a bit dirty from recent rain so no calas. Anchoring up pretty much anywhere and using prawns, pilchard or pippies for bait, was plagued by undersized pinkies (about 15 cm) looks like some good snapper seasons coming up the next few years. Tried SP's for flatties but no action inshore. The plan for today was to fish deep, but here I am at home writing this report, not much sleep last night due to a good dose of gastro, still crook, bit grim when you get crook during time taken off work to have a fish, such are the vicissitudes of fate.

Cheers to all
Ango.

nhillboy

Re: Fishing report & best made plans

Post by nhillboy » Thu May 08, 2014 4:49 pm

Sounds like bad luck all round dude, hope you get well soon and much better luck for next time.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: Fishing report & best made plans

Post by Nude up » Thu May 08, 2014 4:50 pm

Bad luck the weather today was good except for the cold start, hope you are better tomorrow.

Return to “Black Rock to Mordialloc”