Mordialloc Landbased Report

Black Rock, Beaumaris, Half Moon Bay, Mordialloc, Parkdale
Tomcat1

Re: Mordialloc Landbased Report

Post by Tomcat1 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:16 pm

yes offshore waterways such as the bay or beaches you can use 4 but inland waterways such as creeks, rivers, lakes etc.... you can only use 2 rods.

rixter

Post by rixter » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:23 pm

Tomcat1 wrote:careful using 3 rods in the creek. the creek is considered a inland waterway which is only allowed 2 rods to fish with. on the pier you can use 4.
Good reminder for everyone :thumbsup: , and easy rule to forget being that they are classed as freshwater estuaries so close to the saltwater ocean.

Cheers, Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Tomcat1 wrote:yes offshore waterways such as the bay or beaches you can use 4 but inland waterways such as creeks, rivers, lakes etc.... you can only use 2 rods.
yer, very true, and I know that very well. I guess that I was only a few meters from the beach I assumed it was salt water, but now that you mention it, could end badly. I would never set up in a river or lake with more than two rods, but tbh, the mouth of the creek didnt even cross my mind. Just goes to show, be mindful of what ur doing.

Tomcat1

Post by Tomcat1 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:36 pm

yep i would hate for a simple mistake to cost someone a fine. i never thought about it either until i was fishing the pier one day and had one of the guys from dpi come out talking to me and we got on the conversation of the amount of rods allowed to be used. he told me that it was 4 on the pier and the beach but if i fished the creek its only 2.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:28 am

Scraglor wrote:Haha, yeah, was good fun actually. We dont go fishing for the take home, we go for the thrill of the chase. At least I do anyhow :P

It's strange you know, i'm the same.

I rarely eat fish and get zero enjoyment from killing them. the only time i'll ever kill a fish is for bait or if LadyK has decided she wants a meal which doens't happen all that often at all.

Trying to explain this to some people is just like talking into a brick wall.

As for bream, fresh or live baits are always 100000% better than something frozen. Some of the guys here seem to have an affinity for microvibe lures, although i've never caught a bream on a lure.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Return to “Black Rock to Mordialloc”