mixed catch

Black Rock, Beaumaris, Half Moon Bay, Mordialloc, Parkdale
shazdoggg

Re: mixed catch

Post by shazdoggg » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:13 pm

Tomcat1 wrote:yep always nice when we find places that arent crowded and have a good lil session. was still getting bites when i packed up. hated to leave when i did lol.
Great work on finding your own spot away from the crowds, Tomcat! :thumbsup: With a session like that, who needs to fish piers :-D I think a lot of the mordi crew inc jess and co have been missing you at mordi pier haha
When I got time,
I wet a line cos Im a junkie,
been fishin since a kid,
I like it cos it numbs me..

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:39 pm

May i ask what made you pick the particular beach you were on? was it a random choice or did you google map it etc? not asking the exact location, just that i'd like to fish off the beach in ppb and wondering how to pick one

Tomcat1

Post by Tomcat1 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:26 pm

i chose this beach because i have been to it a few times and have drove by it a few times and there usually isnt a big crowd and i have never seen anyone fishing there. so i checked the dpi site to make sue it wasnt a marine park lol. thankfully it wasnt. and i figured since i never see anyone fishing there it might be a place with a few fish. so thankfully it turned out to be a good spot next time i will take the kayak out to try a lil deeper to see if i can do even better.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:29 pm

SO WHO HAS THIS GUYS REGO NUMBER................. SO I CAN STALK HIM

Tomcat1

Post by Tomcat1 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:35 pm

lmao. i still go to mordi pier from time to time, but i just got sick of the crowds there. i use to fish the beach there when the pier was too crowded, but the beach has even been getting too busy there lately. and now salmon are starting to run by the pier again so the people go nuts casting over everyones lines. its no fun fishing when you spend more time untangling lines than you do fishing. but when i do go to the pier i enjoy catching up with all the regulars there. most of the regulars are really cool people.

kabo

Post by kabo » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:58 pm

Thanks for explaining how you picked it, good idea. My friend went snorkelling from Elwood beach and found a group of salmon and I thought 'damn I wish I had my rod with me...' It was rather busy though, so probably not a good idea anyway. I might try Black Rock beach one day. Should be fun standing in the shallows and casting out

Tomcat1

Post by Tomcat1 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:11 pm

kabo wrote:Thanks for explaining how you picked it, good idea. My friend went snorkelling from Elwood beach and found a group of salmon and I thought 'damn I wish I had my rod with me...' It was rather busy though, so probably not a good idea anyway. I might try Black Rock beach one day. Should be fun standing in the shallows and casting out
no problem mate. i figured if nobody else was fishing the spot then maybe there would be more fish lol. so find a spot that isnt fished by others and it might be a good place to go.

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:20 pm

Tomcat1 wrote:lmao. i still go to mordi pier from time to time, but i just got sick of the crowds there. i use to fish the beach there when the pier was too crowded, but the beach has even been getting too busy there lately. and now salmon are starting to run by the pier again so the people go nuts casting over everyones lines. its no fun fishing when you spend more time untangling lines than you do fishing. but when i do go to the pier i enjoy catching up with all the regulars there. most of the regulars are really cool people.
Are you aware of the "old local" that got bashed last year at mordi pier during snapper season? Thankfully the culprits(not locals) got their deserved justice :thumbsup: :Boxing: :rofl: I was OS at the time or the offenders wouldve had to deal with me before the law got to them...
When I got time,
I wet a line cos Im a junkie,
been fishin since a kid,
I like it cos it numbs me..

Tomcat1

Post by Tomcat1 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:42 pm

yep i heard about it. but in my opinion they didnt get enough trouble for their actions. just a slap on the wrist. and i would have tried to help him too if i was there

Return to “Black Rock to Mordialloc”