Are squid around the area?

Black Rock, Beaumaris, Half Moon Bay, Mordialloc, Parkdale
hskim00

Re: Are squid around the area?

Post by hskim00 » Mon May 06, 2013 11:55 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
MIKER wrote:Squid fishing isnt a art , but you can make into one if one likes . Get some Yozuri style prawns jig as mentioned in earlier posts , get casting & the results will come . ;)
you should see Vinhii's girly pink jigs. It is ART!. lol
Wouldn't call it ART after losing a few jigs. Was at Beaumaris pier and lost two jigs ($19,99 each) to snag in row a couple of weeks ago. Scared of putting another one in water and losing it again. What a pain!!! :angryfire:

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Tue May 07, 2013 12:11 am

hahahaa its okay ... i dont lose them.. my mates do LOL! but i turn squidding into an Art :P!! LOL jokes im noob at it haha
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Tue May 07, 2013 5:32 am

On a similar vein, had an RDO yesterday, got out in my mate`s tinny in the arvo. Hit up our usual area, (around blairgowrie), took a while, and a change of jigs, but got into them again. Nothing big at the minute, all around the 20cm mark, but still good fun, and the daughters are happy....Cala rings tonight..The jig that did the damage was my old yamashita, brown back, silver underside..getting pretty chewed up now, so I`ll have to replace it methinks..lol...

Sarg-79-

Post by Sarg-79- » Tue May 07, 2013 7:58 am

Small at 20cm, back in brissie 20cm is big!

Master-pro

Post by Master-pro » Tue May 07, 2013 4:22 pm

Sarg-79- wrote:Hi guys first post looks like I have found the forum I needed too :a_goodjob:

Ive moved from brissie to melbourne and looking to get my first fishing session under way, only brought my licence 9 months ago :icon_lolz: , and its going to be squid! I used to fish off the jettys in brissie 10 or so years ago but alot has changed! And victorian squid are so much bigger!

I was going to hit up half moon bay jetty one night for my first foray into vic squidding is it worth while or is there somewhere better?

Cheer guys
Hey sarg, Mornington pier is fishing well for squid at the moment. Most are small but there are a couple bigger ones. Small jigs are the ones that work best.
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

Sarg-79-

Post by Sarg-79- » Tue May 07, 2013 6:31 pm

Cheers :)

Ill try a few closer to home and work my way down ;)

I brought two small jigs today so we will see what I can nab.

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Tue May 07, 2013 6:52 pm

Sarg-79- wrote:Small at 20cm, back in brissie 20cm is big!
Hey mate, down here, over 40cm is big...and we do see them in numbers, mainly around december is my favourite for the jumbo`s, but your always in with a shout..

gtsoarer

Post by gtsoarer » Thu May 30, 2013 3:34 am

Well thats it for trying to catch squid, the last month im being trying to catch just one squid and have failed.
I give up! I've tryed it all, scenting the jigs even with tuna oil each cast. Holding the torch on them aswell b4 the cast it makes the glow in the dark parts glow really bright, lol. Il try one more time n if i get nothing i'm leaving my squid jigs there.

seephil
Has liked: 37 times

Post by seephil » Thu May 30, 2013 9:51 am

There are some monsters around tyabb bank at the moment. Last week a mate of mine caught 2 massive 50cm hood squid. He wasn't using a lure though.

Dylon Pereira

Post by Dylon Pereira » Thu May 30, 2013 10:16 am

Hi guys, could some one please confirm this spot between Brighton and Hampton.
Im moving onto the squid and have been 2 to Mt Martha. Caught 10 first trip and zero the second. Wouldnt mind trying this place. Could someone maybe mention the closest street to the rock pier. I was looking on google maps and their was a couple of piers.
Thanks

Return to “Black Rock to Mordialloc”