Mordialloc Pier Friday Night

Black Rock, Beaumaris, Half Moon Bay, Mordialloc, Parkdale
Leftcoaster

Mordialloc Pier Friday Night

Post by Leftcoaster » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:05 am

Got there just before sunset and pulled stumps just after eleven o'clock. Targeting Snapper (w/squid) and Flathead (w/SPs). Not a bite unfortunately! It was the same for everyone I talked to. With the heat, the beach and the pier were packed - the suncream slick reached way out into the bay! Lots of (noisy :P) fun being had by all, and had to contend with a couple of show ponies on jet skis pulling figure eights over everyone's baits for a bit (a few choice words and some universal sign language did the trick though! :bat:), but I can think of worse ways to spend a few hours!
It was my first visit, so hoping to get back there and hook up sometime soon.
Hope it helps!
Club sandwiches not seals.

Gleava

Re: Mordialloc Pier Friday Night

Post by Gleava » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:46 pm

yep i got there at 11:00 last night, only got a little rock cod and a few other small bites but nothing to rant on about..very quiet!

Ned81

Post by Ned81 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:53 pm

I'm thinking about heading out somewhere tonight. Just not sure where yet.

rixter

Post by rixter » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:27 am

About um.......... (been a while since i've been there !) 10m meters up the pier just as it starts to hit the ocean from the creek, the first light on the pier on the left, right next to the mouth of the entrance near the rocks. Under that light has allways been good for squid / flounder / smaller fish. While everyone is busy trying to hog the end of the pier of a night , take a look under that first pier light , you can even see the fish on the right tide , and it's allways been a good spot to locals ( well .. 'was' allways a good spot yeyars ago !) for night fishing. cheers.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

Leftcoaster

Post by Leftcoaster » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:38 am

Cheers rixter! I'll have a squiz next time. I saw a few people fishing from the rocks at the end of the channel, not sure how successfully though. A couple of boats did about 25knts over their baits, then pulled the throttle back just as they reached the 5kts sign, so not sure if that would've helped. Poor form by the show boaters (literally!) in my opinion :sad: . Cheers for the heads up!
Club sandwiches not seals.

Return to “Black Rock to Mordialloc”