Anyone willing to take 2 blokes out on their boat for some$?

Black Rock, Beaumaris, Half Moon Bay, Mordialloc, Parkdale
adamk

Re: Anyone willing to take 2 blokes out on their boat for so

Post by adamk » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:16 pm

this threads made me laugh, agree with Scraglor especially if the wind an waves pick up too many people boat just don't sit right.

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:29 am

X2 what scraglor said, fuel for car, boat bait parking ,fee rigs all ads up.. Having two deckies with little or no exp just makes the day harder.
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

AVG_Fisho

Post by AVG_Fisho » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:02 am

chridest wrote:
purple5ive wrote:Go down to mornington boat fire and hire a boat from there. It will give you first hand experience on what is like to own one yourself. Apart from the launching retrieving and cleaning part lol.
That's what I did prior to buying a small tinny.
Just so you guys know there's a lot involved in just talking someone out for the day for fishing.
Another option if you want is to join the facebook page called hire a deckie or something like that.
There's always spare seats posted on there.
Cheers
How is there "alot involved" in taking someone out for a days fishing? Just meet at the boat ramp and take them out, especially if you got some spare room on your boat like help a fisho out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
this makes me lol
Average Angling Adventures
With Specialty Fishing Products
http://www.facebook.com/average.angling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chridest

Post by chridest » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:17 am

Scraglor wrote:Oh great, well, you're going to take them out then yes?

For me personally, its the fact that no one realises how much bait, fuel, berley, tackle, parking, etc costs, not too mention how many hours I spend setting up my rigs, my gear, my boat, car etc, as well as once we get back in, people tend to disappear and forget about washing the boat, running the engine out, cleaning my reels, etc. Aside from that, when you are out, most boats dont fish more than two people comfortably, especially if a tide is running, so an extra two people on deck, that may or may not know their way around, can be inconvenient, and makes for a situation where most people would rather only one deckie on board.

But seeing as you are volunteering to take them out on your boat, I guess it doesnt matter what I think.

That being said, I hope you guys find someone in need of some company, as it can be hard launching and retrieving on your own. And its definitely easier with a competent mate. Do you guys have your boat licenses yet? cos if you dont, I would recommend getting them ASAP. (or can you back a trailer? haha) Good luck, and I am sure there will be a few ppl on here that will have you on board.

They said they will give some cash so that will surely cover the costs of what you have said and i never volunteered to bring some one out did, i never said dont worry everyone ill take these 2 blokes out, yeah no i dont recall saying that. And clearly they will have to find someone that can fit 2 more people comfortable on there boat. Also how is it a problem setting up a couple of rigs like how does this take alot of time i dont understand theres no need smartass comments when im just stating my personal opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:15 am

Dude I hate taking people I know out let alone 2 randoms.... What's the point in kicking up a stink if you're not willing to take them either?

Fyi, I spend easy half hour rigging up most pre trips. Bimini twists and fg knots take time to tie. Then again I only chase one salt species, can't remember how long pre setup took for chasing red carp or Gummies

adamk

Post by adamk » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:46 am

cobby wrote:Dude I hate taking people I know out let alone 2 randoms.... What's the point in kicking up a stink if you're not willing to take them either?

Fyi, I spend easy half hour rigging up most pre trips. Bimini twists and fg knots take time to tie. Then again I only chase one salt species, can't remember how long pre setup took for chasing red carp or Gummies
its hard enough land based trips.

30m gather rods/tackle/bait/esky/ice
15m loading the car
?? travel
?? set up site
pre berley area
?? rig up
more berley
bait/cast

boats worse i've known people to travel out an forget the bungs for the boat an quickly have to get the boat back on the trailer lol
even worse when people tend to crack the sads when there not catching anything.

Westfish

Post by Westfish » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:48 am

So much for the theory of there's no harm in asking??
http://www.westfish.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jedgpz

Post by jedgpz » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:57 am

Westfish wrote:So much for the theroy of there's no harm in asking??
Was thinking the same.
The question was anyone willing I thought.

Understand that some may not want to take someone out for what ever reason.

This is the reason I only post reports on here now.

Cheers
Jed

skuxliss

Post by skuxliss » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:54 am

Try land base bud! Give gunnamatta a crack. You'll have alot of enjoyment spinning for the Salmon.

Broomstick
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Broomstick » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:19 pm

Geez the poor bloke just asked if someone might take him and his mate out for a fish. Not an unreasonable request - I know of a lot of people who are always looking for deckies. I used to love nothing more than taking someone new out on my boat - someone who for one reason or another might not get too many opportunities to fish from a boat. There is absolutely nothing better than getting someone onto a new species or their first decent fish. I sold my boat a few years ago so I can't offer to take you out mate, but you're more than welcome to come and flick a lure with me any time - just flick me a message.

Return to “Black Rock to Mordialloc”