Anyone willing to take 2 blokes out on their boat for some$?

Black Rock, Beaumaris, Half Moon Bay, Mordialloc, Parkdale
VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Re: Anyone willing to take 2 blokes out on their boat for so

Post by VooDoo » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:56 pm

Broomstick wrote:Geez the poor bloke just asked if someone might take him and his mate out for a fish. Not an unreasonable request - I know of a lot of people who are always looking for deckies. I used to love nothing more than taking someone new out on my boat - someone who for one reason or another might not get too many opportunities to fish from a boat. There is absolutely nothing better than getting someone onto a new species or their first decent fish. I sold my boat a few years ago so I can't offer to take you out mate, but you're more than welcome to come and flick a lure with me any time - just flick me a message.
Wiser head prevails here IMHO .. good on ya Broomstick!!

He is actually willing to contribute financially and i assume he would be more than happy to contribute with the extra hand if required. If i was looking to get a boat then I would like to experience the fishing trip with real fisho's before owning my own boat .. it is easy to go and hire a boat but what real on hand experience can I get out of it? .. Some of you will say get a charter .. but how many times we have seen complaints about charter operator here on the forum .. let alone expecting them to impasse some knowledge and skills to you while they're chartering your fishing trip.

Cheers :)

Btw Broomstick ... would love to flick a lure with you in the near future .. i know there's heap more to gain with a day flicking with you!!

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

Jeff67

Post by Jeff67 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:11 pm

I love taking people out that aren't very experienced, I've got great satisfaction taking 3 people out this year and teaching them how to get squid and bagging out twice, except for getting a kingfish at Eden a few weeks back it's probably given the most me the satisfaction I've got from fishing all year.
I'm going fishing by myself regardless of petrol boat & car and launching and rigging, berley, bait, launching fees, So don't see any harm in offering to take someone occasionally.
But would prefer to only take 1 than 2.
Cheers Jeff

chunk9000

Post by chunk9000 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:45 pm

I've got a kayak. You're welcome to dog paddle beside if you like?

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:06 pm

guys I don't understand why this has turned into a shitfight?
many members here only have a boat big enough for 2 people to fish from, me included.
and when I mentioned its hard to organise a day out , that's exactly what I meant
I have to pick the days when I go out and even then, there a lot of prep work, launching and retrieving, cleaning and packing stuff away, its not easy to do
these guys are stating specifically they want to get a boat soon, so that's why I mentioned mornington boat hire
its the best solution for them, they can hire the boat them selves and go out fishing and that way know exactly what they are up for.
I did exactly that and quickly realised it isn't all that easy, maintaining the boat in a specific location if your fishing lures etc..
I also gave them the option to look on fb where theres a page dedicated to finding a spare person to fish with.
my boat isn't big enough otherwise I would have offered, I have taken a few members out from here on the forum, im sure they can vouch for me.
but yeah also being a specific newcomer, I doubt many people will be willing to do so..

I also used to wonder if I could get someone to take me out on their boat some time ago before I owned one, after owning a boatnow I realise why many people don't offer..

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:20 pm

If you are upfront about the costs and time involved people will know what to expect rather than not know what to expect and everyone ends up unhappy.

Hiring a boat of charter are both good options but it would also be good for these blokes to get some first hand experience from someone who knows what they are doing.

Anyone wondering what it costs.

Last Sunday we went out from Welshpool, $60 in LPG for the 4wd, a tad over $100 in fuel for the boat, $0 in bait but lost a $20 jig whilst collecting bait and used up some other tackle hooks ect through out the day.

Larksy88

Post by Larksy88 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:43 pm

If i had a boat, i would take you boys out, unfortunately i don't lol, but as Broomy said, if you ever wanna have a Landbased squid sesh i'm always down

Matt

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:57 pm

chunk9000 wrote:I've got a kayak. You're welcome to dog paddle beside if you like?
:doh1:
Thanks for your input.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:59 pm

I have taken few people out from this site,unfortunately my boat is only big enough for two people.
There are plenty of good landbase spots for the time being.
Would recommend going to the April saltwater meet.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Ryano1996

Post by Ryano1996 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:27 pm

Woah guys didn't mean for it to get into an argument,

I was just asking if 2 young blokes we are only 19-20 and don't have a boat at the moment, to go out get some expericece with some good people that love a fish, and these guys are right I mean we are willing to help out financially and clean up **** like that, if anyone is interested in a good days fish just message me would like to get out there a lot more

Cheers Josh

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:52 pm

Taking the boat out isn't that stressful.

Taking two unknown people out has the potential to be though.

I've taken a few out on my boat for a session. But what I find is that I don't get to do what I want to do as I'm happy to donut solo trying something. But if someone is on the boat with me there's a bit more pressure.

Return to “Black Rock to Mordialloc”