Anyone willing to take 2 blokes out on their boat for some$?

Black Rock, Beaumaris, Half Moon Bay, Mordialloc, Parkdale
Ryano1996

Anyone willing to take 2 blokes out on their boat for some$?

Post by Ryano1996 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:27 pm

If anyone is interested in taking me and my mate out for a days fishing in a few weeks would be good until we get a boat next year we are hangin to get out there! We will give Ya some cash for the day or whatever

Cheers Josh.

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Re: Anyone willing to take 2 blokes out on their boat for so

Post by BIG GAV » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:45 pm

Hire one.. Or just fish land based if u are getting one next year I'd say get your land based fishing happening!
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:32 am

Go on a charter mate. That is what they are designed for.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:39 am

Go down to mornington boat fire and hire a boat from there. It will give you first hand experience on what is like to own one yourself. Apart from the launching retrieving and cleaning part lol.
That's what I did prior to buying a small tinny.
Just so you guys know there's a lot involved in just talking someone out for the day for fishing.
Another option if you want is to join the facebook page called hire a deckie or something like that.
There's always spare seats posted on there.
Cheers

acfisher

Post by acfisher » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:32 am

^^^ Mornington Boat Hire is definitely the way to go.. Like them on Facebook they're always posting specials.

Ryano1996

Post by Ryano1996 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:38 pm

Yeah thanks fellas :)

chridest

Post by chridest » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:25 pm

purple5ive wrote:Go down to mornington boat fire and hire a boat from there. It will give you first hand experience on what is like to own one yourself. Apart from the launching retrieving and cleaning part lol.
Just so you guys know there's a lot involved in just talking someone out for the day for fishing.
Another option if you want is to join the facebook page called hire a deckie or something like that.
Cheers
How is there "alot involved" in taking someone out for a days fishing? Just meet at the boat ramp and take them out, especially if you got some spare room on your boat like help a fisho out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:39 pm

chridest wrote:
purple5ive wrote:Go down to mornington boat fire and hire a boat from there. It will give you first hand experience on what is like to own one yourself. Apart from the launching retrieving and cleaning part lol.
Cheers
How is there "alot involved" in taking someone out for a days fishing? Just meet at the boat ramp and take them out, especially if you got some spare room on your boat like help a fisho out!

Im guessing from your post, you dont actually own a boat?....

chridest

Post by chridest » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:41 pm

Scraglor wrote:
chridest wrote:
Cheers

Im guessing from your post, you dont actually own a boat?....
Well yes i do have a boat and i dont see the hassle in taking someone out its pretty easy for me just grab there number off this forum give them a buzz the night before give them a meeting point and off you go how hard can that be? Whats so hard about it?

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:51 pm

Oh great, well, you're going to take them out then yes?

For me personally, its the fact that no one realises how much bait, fuel, berley, tackle, parking, etc costs, not too mention how many hours I spend setting up my rigs, my gear, my boat, car etc, as well as once we get back in, people tend to disappear and forget about washing the boat, running the engine out, cleaning my reels, etc. Aside from that, when you are out, most boats dont fish more than two people comfortably, especially if a tide is running, so an extra two people on deck, that may or may not know their way around, can be inconvenient, and makes for a situation where most people would rather only one deckie on board.

But seeing as you are volunteering to take them out on your boat, I guess it doesnt matter what I think.

That being said, I hope you guys find someone in need of some company, as it can be hard launching and retrieving on your own. And its definitely easier with a competent mate. Do you guys have your boat licenses yet? cos if you dont, I would recommend getting them ASAP. (or can you back a trailer? haha) Good luck, and I am sure there will be a few ppl on here that will have you on board.

Return to “Black Rock to Mordialloc”