black rock and surrounds

Black Rock, Beaumaris, Half Moon Bay, Mordialloc, Parkdale
BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

black rock and surrounds

Post by BIG GAV » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:33 am

Day off today! Gotta go to bentleigh so figured it'd b a good chance to go fishing! What's the go around this area? Landbased, I will mainly b bait fishing black rock look close to where I have to go! Is there any piers or jetties about that would produce? Or would Patterson river b a better option? Any insight would help thanks guys
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

BIG GAV

Re: black rock and surrounds

Post by BIG GAV » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:46 am

I google earthed beaumaris boat ramp n pier looks agoer I'll post a report this arvo

Joker91
Has liked: 111 times

Post by Joker91 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:50 am

Don't have much insight but good luck gav

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:51 am

There should be some pinkies around there. I've seen people fishing off the pier even though it's closed. There's a hole in the fence that you can get through. I'm not sure if any spots there. But I'd be casting towards the submarine .

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:11 pm

Or from the car park, cast straight out as far as you can. Further to the left when pier is to your right, there is a rock outcrop that's fishable in calm seas/low tide. I see blokes fishing there all the time

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:30 pm

Fishing report!

After hunting for bait n not finding a tackle store I ended up in mordialloc so dropped into safeway n grabbed peeled prawns n headed to mordi pier only to cop the biggest ear bashing from a preacher god sent him to mordi pier to tell me I needed to turn to god! After 2 hours of debating Christianity vs Buddhism, judhism, Muslim, agnostic, Scientology etc and no bites I couldn't handle it so I reeled in n left. Not happy with my day I headed to Patterson river I parked near launching way headed towards thhe rail bridge n dropped lines within 15 Min I was on to a small undersized flathead I kept getting the same tiny bites so moved down about 30 m. First cast got a big smack as soon as I tightened thhe line then another I struck n bust off shortly after!

After it died down I walked up to about 20m before the rail bridge n landed a nice 45cm flathead the bites were few n far between after that but was better than mordi pier haha

james rose

Post by james rose » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:39 am

Haha you met Atilla. He seems to be there most days, once he's ear bashed you once he's pretty relaxed and just says g'day. Had the same experience my first time on the pier, at least the guys happy.

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:22 am

Atilla that was him yeah nice enough guy just didn't enjoy the bible lesson on my day off he was nice enough but everything he spoke about was religion n being agnostic it ain't my cuppa tea

james rose

Post by james rose » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:42 am

BIG GAV wrote:Atilla that was him yeah nice enough guy just didn't enjoy the bible lesson on my day off he was nice enough but everything he spoke about was religion n being agnostic it ain't my cuppa tea
Same here mate, if I wasn't catching the first time I wouldn't have stayed lol.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:27 am

They got no right to keep pestering you with it.. If it bothers you. You should just tell him your not interested and that he is now starting to invade your personal space. Tell him if he doesn't stop you will havw to call the cops for harrasment claims. Hopefully that will get him the point. They can get annoying but most will listen afyer a few goes of telling them your ruininh my peace and quiet which I came here for.

Return to “Black Rock to Mordialloc”