Mordialloc pier.

Black Rock, Beaumaris, Half Moon Bay, Mordialloc, Parkdale
Tomcat1

Re: Mordialloc pier.

Post by Tomcat1 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:52 pm

it was a gummy lol i hooked him not long after. ive caught 4 of them off mordi pier. the old man is a local fishing legend on the pier he catches fish when nobody else does lol.his name is harry and he is a great old fella he taught me about gar fishing here.

johnat24

Post by johnat24 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:25 pm

Tomcat1 wrote:it was a gummy lol i hooked him not long after. ive caught 4 of them off mordi pier. the old man is a local fishing legend on the pier he catches fish when nobody else does lol.his name is harry and he is a great old fella he taught me about gar fishing here.
That's what its all about, passing on what you know and what youve learned whether its to your kids or to a fellow angler we can all keep learning and passing on!!
John :reel:

don_juan090

Post by don_juan090 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:09 am

shazzagraz wrote:
Andoki wrote:Gay fishing
You might want to fix that up Andoki lol
This fish have a lot of at Port Melbourne beach.hahahhah

Gate4Fish

Post by Gate4Fish » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:21 pm

Went for a walk to mordi pier tonight, and once again it was Harry bringing in the pinkies, so many rods out tonight but he was the only one catching again.. Good on you Harry! Defiantly knows the sweet spots

sasquatch972
Has liked: 21 times

Post by sasquatch972 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:31 pm

i was down there too, first time fishing in about 3 years.... got a baby banjo shark @ about 32cm at the start of the pier but that was it... had a go in the creek earlier seeing if i could get a flatty on SP but nothing.

rixter

Post by rixter » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:24 pm

For the mid parts of the bay, imho ( not including upper areas such as the yarra/docklands or geelong area ) for pier fishing, the best has allways been the Mordy Pier,Patterson lakes and Frankston Pier. All piers/areas have a good regular freshwater supply from large creek systems running into the ocean near the piers, which brings in fresh water , and the baitfish, which brings in the bigger fish. It's known that alot of species of larger fish don't mind a dose of fresher water during the in and outgoing tides too ! .
Of them all is Mordy, my favourite for YEARS !. These have been my hotspots for years and allways produce well on the right tide.

Oh, from my years working around there in the creek , the creek is 'mordy mud' at is is known !, gets a real stench when it's realy low in the creek !. There is the occasional fish in the creek around the boats, from the mouth of the creek outwards is best though for that area.....but...
If you want to catch some nice bream your better off going a bit up the creek !. As you come into mordy along govenor rd (from dandenong way), as you go around the big corner coming into mordy ( just before the train tracks , there is 'the castle' shop on the corner ). On that corner is a park with boat launching facilities , take a walk through the park and it will take you to a bit upper of the creek , nice fishing here !. Or you can go into mordy , cross over the bridge crossing the creek , then park under the trees on the left ( opposite the pub ) , go for a walk away from the pub , up creek , go under the train track bridge , keep going and about 5 mins walk you will reach the same area that you could of as i mentioned before. There is a walking bridge crossing the creek a bit futher up from the boat launching ramp area and small pier, plenty of reeds to fish near and the creek is around 30 to 40 meters wide. Plenty of room to fish and actualy cleaner than around the creek/boat hire areas. Some nice size 'clean' bream to be had here ! , GL
Cheers , Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

MrI-fish

Post by MrI-fish » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:05 pm

Had a go out at Mordialloc today. Had intended to hit the pier but when I got there and walked over between the boats there were so many Bream that I could see with my own eyes that I had to give it a go. Was using prawn, pippies and chicken at different times. Had quite a few bites but not a lot of hook ups on the chicken in particular. So thought I would stay.

Kept on trying with little luck but didn't give up. Changed to between another couple of boats closer to the Nepean Highway bridge and got bites straight away again. Lots of toadies. Finished up with two small Bream and 8 - 10 toadies that wouldn't leave me alone.

This was my first time trying to entice the Bream that I could see to bite. I found that Chicken was most successful and that it was hard to get past the Toadies. A beautiful morning to be out and will give it a go down there again. Thinking of taking out one of the hire boats with a few other blokes if anyone is keen on splitting it between us. If three or four of us are keen it could be a fun trip for 4 or 6 hours.

snapperslayer

Post by snapperslayer » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:16 pm

MrI-fish wrote:Had a go out at Mordialloc today. Had intended to hit the pier but when I got there and walked over between the boats there were so many Bream that I could see with my own eyes that I had to give it a go. Was using prawn, pippies and chicken at different times. Had quite a few bites but not a lot of hook ups on the chicken in particular. So thought I would stay.

Kept on trying with little luck but didn't give up. Changed to between another couple of boats closer to the Nepean Highway bridge and got bites straight away again. Lots of toadies. Finished up with two small Bream and 8 - 10 toadies that wouldn't leave me alone.

This was my first time trying to entice the Bream that I could see to bite. I found that Chicken was most successful and that it was hard to get past the Toadies. A beautiful morning to be out and will give it a go down there again. Thinking of taking out one of the hire boats with a few other blokes if anyone is keen on splitting it between us. If three or four of us are keen it could be a fun trip for 4 or 6 hours.

I am always keen but how big are the hire boats? 3 people in boat smaller than 5m boat is a bit too much I reckon.

Keep me in the loop if you want to hire soemday

rixter

Post by rixter » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:24 pm

Good stuff, good to catch something ;) . Lol , yes there is heaps of toadies near the bridge, used to be all the spare blueline hire boats tied up around there, they would hang around them in swarms.
A bit futher up the creek past the train bridge is better bream fishing, a few mullet around there too , and no toadies. Sandworms , gardenworms and even plain old bread work good as bait around the creek. Cheers Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

sasquatch972
Has liked: 21 times

Post by sasquatch972 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:56 pm

MrI-fish wrote:Had a go out at Mordialloc today. Had intended to hit the pier but when I got there and walked over between the boats there were so many Bream that I could see with my own eyes that I had to give it a go. Was using prawn, pippies and chicken at different times. Had quite a few bites but not a lot of hook ups on the chicken in particular. So thought I would stay.

i was there friday night but decided to pack it in early because there was alot of lightning and it looked like it was heading that way but didnt unfortunately.
i had a look at fishing in the creek between some boats too but shone my torch light over the water and inbetween each boat there were about 10+ toadies so thought bugger that.
Might have to take a chance though, would love some bream. :water:

Return to “Black Rock to Mordialloc”