viclovesfish

Re: MyMordi Pier fishing report and warning as well

Post by viclovesfish » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:08 am

Wolly Bugger wrote:
moeee wrote:
5ubzero wrote:
moeee wrote: let him drown.
i Hate people like this.
I also ain't keen on people touching my gear.
But I would hardly kill them like you would.
How many people have you killed so far?
If you push someone into the water and they drown, you will be charged with manslaughter.

Believe me this is not a pleasant experience, and going to court can bankrupt you.
That is exactly what I am trying to avoid, violence is not good, from personal experience, a family relative stabbed 2 teenagers in the chest one of them died on the spot, he got blacked out as he was so angry,.. acted out of anger... (one witness said he had the devil’s eye) ... after 1 yr of court he lost everything, his wife, 3 kids, his meatshop, and his mind, he can’t take the pressure and guilt so one day we found him dead .. Hanged himself... just because he acted out of anger.... so probably I answered ur question why I was able to put up with these kids..... I was once a stupid punk too,,, alcohol can do crazy things..... can make u brave, and do lots of stupid things... but pper spray can do wonders too.. :cheers:

Kev209

Post by Kev209 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:34 pm

DougieK wrote:
Kev209 wrote:
viclovesfish wrote:I purchased a bellt bag with my stuff in it, was thinking of buying some pper spray for protection :-D
Before you buy check this out

Can I carry capsicum or pepper spray to protect myself or for purposes of self defence?

No. It is not legal to carry any article designed or adapted to discharge an offensive, noxious or irritant liquid, powder, gas or chemical so as to cause disability, incapacity or harm to another person. Capsicum spray, pepper spray or any other similar articles are prohibited weapons and are inappropriate for general possession without a Governor in Council Exemption Order or a Chief Commissioner Approval. Self protection or self defence is not a lawful excuse to be able to possess these articles.

Kev do you have a source for that link?

edit :- also, please, don't escalate violence. You have no ******* idea what someone has under their hoodie / in their pocket / has spent the last 20 years of their life learning to do. People, no matter how big or small, are freaking dangerous, better to pack up and leave and screw up a days fishing than to get yourself into a situation you can't get yourself back out of.

I just Googled can I carry Pepper spray in Victoria Then went to frequently asked questions

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:55 pm

shazdoggg wrote:
DougieK wrote:
Kev209 wrote:
viclovesfish wrote:I purchased a bellt bag with my stuff in it, was thinking of buying some pper spray for protection :-D

Can I carry capsicum or pepper spray to protect myself or for purposes of self defence?

No. It is not legal to carry any article designed or adapted to discharge an offensive, noxious or irritant liquid, powder, gas or chemical so as to cause disability, incapacity or harm to another person. Capsicum spray, pepper spray or any other similar articles are prohibited weapons and are inappropriate for general possession without a Governor in Council Exemption Order or a Chief Commissioner Approval. Self protection or self defence is not a lawful excuse to be able to possess these articles.

edit :- also, please, don't escalate violence. You have no ******* idea what someone has under their hoodie / in their pocket / has spent the last 20 years of their life learning to do. People, no matter how big or small, are freaking dangerous, better to pack up and leave and screw up a days fishing than to get yourself into a situation you can't get yourself back out of.
Errrr...werent you the bloke who intentionally hit a boatie off martha rocks with your sinker when he came too close for your liking? :lol: :Boxing:
Yes.

Not only do they need to negotiate the water between us and then getting up the 3 metre ledge I was standing on before they can get to me, I also have a series of cliffs which I can turn around and walk up if I feel threatened at any time. There were two people in that boat and they were both old fat blokes. There is a MASSIVE difference in this situation to a 5 on 1 on a pier. Even if you drop one of them, you have a 4-1 situation and nowhere to run.

To put my opinion into contex., and remember, this is an opinion. I have 79 full contact Jiu Jitsu fights and 5 amateur MMA fights. I have Pan pacific superheavyweight and openweight titles and instruct martial arts while i'm studying at uni.

There are situations where it is plausible to win a 4-1 fight if you have enough space to move, cut angles and engage assuming the other 4 dudes aren't armed and aren't trained. If you get into a situation on a pier with knives and so forth around you, you're f*cked. There is simply no two ways about it. The situations are incomparable.

edit :- also, the reality of attempting to defend against a knife attack, even if you're a competent martial artist, is about 50/50 if you're unarmed. If you dont' believe me give a mate a marker pen. draw a space three metres wide and 5 metres long in your back yard representing the pier. Let your mate try to mark your body or face with his marker pen. It's really really hard, even for me vs someone with no idea what they are doing, to avoid getting cut.

edit 2 :- sorry if that's an overly serious reply shazz, I just saw the emoticons and missed them on the first read. I know you're a good bloke and probably just having a playful stab (bad choice of words).
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:03 pm

Kev209 wrote:
DougieK wrote:
Kev209 wrote:

I just Googled can I carry Pepper spray in Victoria Then went to frequently asked questions

That's weird. It's from the police site. You'd think pepper spray would be ok. I'm sure 10 years ago you were allowed to.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kev209

Post by Kev209 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:18 pm

Idiots on drugs or under the influence of grog, or both, you can't predict how they will act. If you have a go at one of the idiots, the others will turn on you like a pack of wolves and your in big trouble.

Remember he who walks away, lives to fish another day

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:16 pm

DougieK wrote:
shazdoggg wrote:
DougieK wrote:
Kev209 wrote:

Errrr...werent you the bloke who intentionally hit a boatie off martha rocks with your sinker when he came too close for your liking? :lol: :Boxing:
Yes.

Not only do they need to negotiate the water between us and then getting up the 3 metre ledge I was standing on before they can get to me, I also have a series of cliffs which I can turn around and walk up if I feel threatened at any time. There were two people in that boat and they were both old fat blokes. There is a MASSIVE difference in this situation to a 5 on 1 on a pier. Even if you drop one of them, you have a 4-1 situation and nowhere to run.

To put my opinion into contex., and remember, this is an opinion. I have 79 full contact Jiu Jitsu fights and 5 amateur MMA fights. I have Pan pacific superheavyweight and openweight titles and instruct martial arts while i'm studying at uni.

There are situations where it is plausible to win a 4-1 fight if you have enough space to move, cut angles and engage assuming the other 4 dudes aren't armed and aren't trained. If you get into a situation on a pier with knives and so forth around you, you're f*cked. There is simply no two ways about it. The situations are incomparable.

edit :- also, the reality of attempting to defend against a knife attack, even if you're a competent martial artist, is about 50/50 if you're unarmed. If you dont' believe me give a mate a marker pen. draw a space three metres wide and 5 metres long in your back yard representing the pier. Let your mate try to mark your body or face with his marker pen. It's really really hard, even for me vs someone with no idea what they are doing, to avoid getting cut.

edit 2 :- sorry if that's an overly serious reply shazz, I just saw the emoticons and missed them on the first read. I know you're a good bloke and probably just having a playful stab (bad choice of words).
I wasnt having a go, but just seeing where you draw the line personally! Your response was quite in depth and I(and probably others) appreciate the info and points made.
When I got time,
I wet a line cos Im a junkie,
been fishin since a kid,
I like it cos it numbs me..

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:37 pm

shazdoggg wrote: I wasnt having a go, but just seeing where you draw the line personally! Your response was quite in depth and I(and probably others) appreciate the info and points made.
It's an interesting line between giving to some knob who's clearly asking for it and not getting stabbed by his 2 mates you didn't see.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:54 am

Tonyzee wrote:Shazzdogg,

If they come within range fire at will!!!
I'd be telling porky pies, if I said I'd never done such things "duel: :roll:
When I got time,
I wet a line cos Im a junkie,
been fishin since a kid,
I like it cos it numbs me..

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:53 am

Tonyzee wrote: If they come within range fire at will!!!
I don't even mind within range. I doubt many people on jetskies would grasp just how far a decent rod can fling a 50g slug or sinker.

It's when people intentionally and maliciously stuff up my fishing that i crack the sh!ts.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

CanuckDownUnder

Post by CanuckDownUnder » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:46 am

I'm realising that I've been very lucky. I only have 1 mate who likes to fish and he's down Werribee way so most of the time I'm on my own, on a pier, with my gear spread out all over the place. I've had some drunks approach me but, luckily, they've all been harmless.

When I imagine this scenario of 5 drunk teens harassing and yelling at a fisho on a pier, I am presuming viclovesfish is not white. It's a shame but I can only picture this happening to someone who is brown or Asian. If I'm right, bullying + racism even more shameful.
"Look at where Jesus went to pick people. He didn't go to the colleges; he got guys off the fishing docks." - Jeff Foxworthy

Return to “Black Rock to Mordialloc”