Sandringham Breakwall

Brighton Pier, Elwood, Sandringham and surrounds
passport1980

Sandringham Breakwall

Post by passport1980 » Fri May 23, 2014 7:52 pm

Been down to the breakwall 2 times in the last week. For me- nothing as usual. I saw nice kilo and a half pinky grabbed on low tide, middle of the day, Northerly winds, hmmm.(Off the first corner) It does help to know that they can be out there on any given day/condition. I have also noticed more and more people fishing on the boat side. Maybe they know something i don't.

I will keep trying. I have landed a 40 cm Salmon there and a nice 34 cm pinky and a huge Ray which took me about 10 minutes to get in in the last 5 months. (That is in 20 plus trips there!!!!) Persistence. It must be the low fuss non snag bottom that brings me back.

I really need to learn what I am doing more.

Happy fishing this weekend.

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Re: Sandringham Breakwall

Post by Basti » Fri May 23, 2014 9:47 pm

haha i've managed to snag at sandy, so don't get too comfortable. there's some big fish around sometimes. i got a 4kg snapper mid snapper season last year casting into the channel that the yachts use to enter the marina, landed a very large eagle ray on the outside too. also stumbled onto a school of pinkies once that were on the inside, right next to the building.

your persistance will pay off.

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Re: Sandringham Breakwall

Post by fishingvic » Fri May 23, 2014 11:07 pm

I once saw a size Gummy caught from the boat side of the Sandringham break-wall in the middle of the day!
Plenty of Pinkies, flathead and bream in there too.
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”