Brighton Pier mega land based fishing thread

Brighton Pier, Elwood, Sandringham and surrounds
bass_straitener

Re: Brighton Pier mega land based fishing thread

Post by bass_straitener » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:18 am

bilby wrote:I gave Brighton Breakwall and pier a go for the first time ever today. I thought I would try soft plastics, so chose the outgoing tide and started around 2.00 p.m., slowly covering ground up to the end of the breakwall at about 4.15 p.m. Not a single touch! Ah well, new spots often take a while to figure out.
I was there on Sunday 11th of Feb and fished the outgoing tide from 6-8 for 1 pinky and 3 toadies. As I left at 8 their were people around me just starting to catch pinkies at around 35cms.

bilby

Post by bilby » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:11 pm

On soft plastics?

bass_straitener

Post by bass_straitener » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:34 pm

bilby wrote:On soft plastics?
No, was caught on a pippi.

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:58 pm

bilby wrote:I gave Brighton Breakwall and pier a go for the first time ever today. I thought I would try soft plastics, so chose the outgoing tide and started around 2.00 p.m., slowly covering ground up to the end of the breakwall at about 4.15 p.m. Not a single touch! Ah well, new spots often take a while to figure out.
hey bilby we must have done the changeover shift i did 10.00 am to 1.30 pm threw eveything at them except the kitchen sink didnt get a hit the only guys catching were the float fishers at the end of the breakwall

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:30 pm

dazz999 wrote:
hey bilby we must have done the changeover shift i did 10.00 am to 1.30 pm threw eveything at them except the kitchen sink didnt get a hit the only guys catching were the float fishers at the end of the breakwall
What were they getting dazz? Gars?

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:50 pm

Lightningx wrote:
dazz999 wrote:
What were they getting dazz? Gars?
nah no gars pinkys and one guy hooked up to a good trevally only small gars getting caught not far from brighton

bilby

Post by bilby » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:58 pm

[/quote]hey bilby we must have done the changeover shift i did 10.00 am to 1.30 pm threw eveything at them except the kitchen sink didnt get a hit the only guys catching were the float fishers at the end of the breakwall[/quote]

Literally a Burke and Wills situation - you must have walked off half an hour before I started, dazz. Trust me to pick a day where the fish either were not there or were not in a feeding mode - it seems to have often been my experience of piers (hence why I have barely fished one for a decade or so).

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:34 pm

bilby wrote:
hey bilby we must have done the changeover shift i did 10.00 am to 1.30 pm threw eveything at them except the kitchen sink didnt get a hit the only guys catching were the float fishers at the end of the breakwall[/quote]

Literally a Burke and Wills situation - you must have walked off half an hour before I started, dazz. Trust me to pick a day where the fish either were not there or were not in a feeding mode - it seems to have often been my experience of piers (hence why I have barely fished one for a decade or so).[/quote]

What were the float fishers catching bilby ?
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

wem21
Has liked: 42 times

Post by wem21 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:03 am

How far out do you have to cast with the plastics for the pinkies on the marina side?

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:07 am

wem21 wrote:How far out do you have to cast with the plastics for the pinkies on the marina side?
They can be anywhere so just give it a good cast out.

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”