Brighton Pier mega land based fishing thread

Brighton Pier, Elwood, Sandringham and surrounds
bas123

Re: brighton breakwall report 1/09/2013

Post by bas123 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:07 pm

yeah guys, it was a mission and Fish-cador yeah the lines were starting to drift aswell!!!! they really do bite the best when its choppy like that!!
have you guys also noticed that port jackson are in plaque proportions at the moment?

bas

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:17 pm

bas123 wrote:yeah guys, it was a mission and Fish-cador yeah the lines were starting to drift aswell!!!! they really do bite the best when its choppy like that!!
have you guys also noticed that port jackson are in plaque proportions at the moment?

bas
Haven't caught a Port Jackson from there in a long time and I've fished Brighton a lot
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

bas123

Post by bas123 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:16 pm

Raulfc7 wrote:
bas123 wrote:yeah guys, it was a mission and Fish-cador yeah the lines were starting to drift aswell!!!! they really do bite the best when its choppy like that!!

bas
Haven't caught a Port Jackson from there in a long time and I've fished Brighton a lot

almost on every trip ( ppb or wpb ) i always end up with one of this buggers on my line!!!

Raulfc7

Post by Raulfc7 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:18 pm

bas123 wrote:
Raulfc7 wrote:

bas

almost on every trip ( ppb or wpb ) i always end up with one of this buggers on my line!!!
Just as well as your catching them a and I'm not :rofl:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

bas123

Post by bas123 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:24 pm

Raulfc7 wrote:
bas123 wrote:
Raulfc7 wrote:

bas

Just as well as your catching them a and I'm not :rofl:

HAHAHA! cant stand them!!!! heres hoping for a good snapper season! :thumbsup:

davey27

Post by davey27 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:01 pm

I've been going down on the tide change during the day but it's seeming that most success is coming just after dark... ahh brighton i'll never work you out!!

Alwaysloud

Post by Alwaysloud » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:35 pm

bas123 wrote:hey guys,

me and mate decided to fish the the brighton break wall yesterday. it seems that there are signs of life there at the moment.
we managed two pinkies one keeper (32cm ) and the other was undersized. we also got a port jakson, and a banjo. the wind made it difficult to fish ( very gusty ) but we decided to pack it at around 7.30 ( which was the best time to be fishing ). we got there at around 5.30pm and we were gonna fish it till about 10pm but with that bloody gust it made it hard to fish of the rocks. defiantly worth going up there now. bait used was fresh squid.
cheers Bas.
:clap: :clap: well done,

Did you fish before the tower on the breakwall or after it ?.

Cheerrs,

sasquatch972

Post by sasquatch972 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:23 pm

very nice mate
im going to probably go there abit over the snapper season myself with a surf rod or 2 and try my luck. More of a freshwater fisherman at the moment myself though.
i didnt have any luck the last time i was there though... i think it was TOO windy lol

bas123

Post by bas123 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:27 am

Alwaysloud wrote:
bas123 wrote:hey guys,

me and mate decided to fish the the brighton break wall yesterday. it seems that there are signs of life there at the moment.
we managed two pinkies one keeper (32cm ) and the other was undersized. we also got a port jakson, and a banjo. the wind made it difficult to fish ( very gusty ) but we decided to pack it at around 7.30 ( which was the best time to be fishing ). we got there at around 5.30pm and we were gonna fish it till about 10pm but with that bloody gust it made it hard to fish of the rocks. defiantly worth going up there now. bait used was fresh squid.
cheers Bas.
:clap: :clap: well done,

Did you fish before the tower on the breakwall or after it ?.

Cheerrs,

hey mate, we fished before the tower on the breakwall about 15meters after the railing ends, ive had my best success there with snapper and pinkies there.

CanuckDownUnder

More pinkies at Brighton Breakwall

Post by CanuckDownUnder » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:42 pm

After reading a few positive reports about pinkies back in season at the Brighton Breakwall, I went out keen and eager on Sunday morning. :toothy9: Arrived at about 9am, high tide was set for 11:15am. Wind was heavy northerly coming a bit from the west, limiting casting and causing lines to drift sideways across the outside edge of the breakwall, so I avoided that area. :|

Spent about 1 hour where the pier turns into the breakwall, casting south with a few varieties of soft plastics in 3-4" range. No results. I was using 1/4oz jigheads and I think that even with the wind behind me I wasn't getting far enough for the pinkies. Any advice re: pinkies around the pier in close, or how far away do they hang out? :help:

Decided to take a quick go for sambo while I was at that part of the pier - tried a wobbler, a diamond and a laser. About 20 casts each, no results. :down:

With an hour before high tide I moved to end of the wall on the marina side. Frozen squid, got nothing for an hour. Switched to frozen pilchard and burlied up, within 10 minutes I got my first land-based PPB snapper! :funky: 33cm, about 800g I reckon. Nothing else came about but I was heading home happy with my one.
Attachments
IMG_20130901_133524.jpg
"Look at where Jesus went to pick people. He didn't go to the colleges; he got guys off the fishing docks." - Jeff Foxworthy

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”