Breakwall 13-02-13

Brighton Pier, Elwood, Sandringham and surrounds
Master-pro

Re: Breakwall 13-02-13

Post by Master-pro » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:41 pm

There might be a week or twpo of bigger snapper to come!
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Post by fishingvic » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:11 pm

Master-pro wrote:Can someone get a picture and map where the best fishing spots on the breakwall are? as i've never been there it's difficult to imagine in my head the places you are saying to fish!
I tend to agree with others. The whole pier/breakwall can produce. It doesn't really matter where you set up, but I do tend to fish past the 2 huts.
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

Snapper01

Where is the breakwall ?

Post by Snapper01 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:39 pm

:shark: :set1_fishing: Can someone tell me where the ' Rock Wall ' is ?

We are recently here from NZ and I am STILL looking for a place that produces fish. Have tried Mordialloc wharf 5 x all hours, Brighton Wharf, all baits, beaches all around the coast at every tide, every bait, black rock wharf across from the wreck, and not even a nibble !

Someone said that the breakwater behind the sandringham yaght club was ok.

Trouble is that all the areas don't seem any deeper than 2 m deep....

Any ideas, wanting to hit somewhere for sunrise on Saturday morning so my family doesn't think I've lot my abilities alltogether ! I live in Carnegie about 20 minutes from the Mordialloc area...

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:17 pm

As nhillboy said most piers are producing pinkies now. Try and go when it's blowing from the S/SW 15+knots use blue bait/pilchard/squid and you should catch something. Persist thru the undersized till you catch something you wanna keep.
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

stevce

Post by stevce » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:53 pm

hey guys,

might be heading down there tonight, where is best st kilda pier or brighton pier??

shazzagraz

Post by shazzagraz » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:52 am

stevce wrote:hey guys,

might be heading down there tonight, where is best st kilda pier or brighton pier??
There's fish being caught at both locations, so take your pick. I only go to St Kilda pier because I live in St Kilda and I'm familiar with it. I'll try Brighton one day soon though for sure.
St Kilda is a lot busier with heaps of tourists walking up and down the pier, so keep that in mind when making g your decision.

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”