Opening session for the year at Brighton pier

Brighton Pier, Elwood, Sandringham and surrounds
hskim00

Opening session for the year at Brighton pier

Post by hskim00 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:05 am

Had my first session for the year at Brighton pier tonight and fished from 9pm to 12am, with two setups for snapper and one setup for KGW.
There wasn't much action or bite for my entire session. Had only three noticeable bites but luckily they were all hooked up, and ended up with 1x45cm flathead, 1x42cm flathead and 1x32cm KGW. :fish11:

It was a bit dissapointing that Pinky and snapper didn't come to play but I shouldnt complain cos all other anglers had a big donut util I left. Overall, it was pretty an enjoyable night to to wet lines in water. :water: :thumbsup:
Last edited by hskim00 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Re: Opening session at Brighton pier for the year

Post by Raulfc7 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:13 am

Well done buddy good to read that Brighton produced something for you. What did you catch the KGW on?
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

hskim00

Re: Opening session at Brighton pier for the year

Post by hskim00 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:44 am

Raulfc7 wrote:Well done buddy good to read that Brighton produced something for you. What did you catch the KGW on?

Thanks Raulfc7! Caught it on tenderised squid from sea bath side and fished near the second hut.

nhillboy

Re: Opening session for the year at Brighton pier

Post by nhillboy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:44 pm

Well done hskim, 2x40+cm flatties mmmmm!!! :victory: :super: :cheers:

hskim00

Post by hskim00 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:38 pm

nhillboy wrote:Well done hskim, 2x40+cm flatties mmmmm!!! :victory: :super: :cheers:
I want to exchange my flatties with your KGWs :doh1: Took Breamster's advice and made sashimi from the KGW that I caught last night. It was really perfect and beautiful taste refreshing my mouth. Eager to catch a few more!!! :bat:

tr3los

Post by tr3los » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:52 pm

good stuff mate i saw a bloke pull the biggest flathead ive ever seen in real life there last week would have been over 50cm easy.. towards the end though where the rocks are on the inside

hskim00

Post by hskim00 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:24 am

tr3los wrote:good stuff mate i saw a bloke pull the biggest flathead ive ever seen in real life there last week would have been over 50cm easy.. towards the end though where the rocks are on the inside

Yeah, there flathead are generally caught on the marina side, especially the very end areas of the breakwall. Well... not for me coz I don't go that far; too packed. IMO, when it gets dark the fish swim along the breakwall or through the water way from the end and hang around near the sea bath till the dawn. I have caught a few of them from that side over the last two or three months, only at night.

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”