Back Into It - Fishing Sandy, Hampton and Mordialloc

Brighton Pier, Elwood, Sandringham and surrounds
MASSIV81

Back Into It - Fishing Sandy, Hampton and Mordialloc

Post by MASSIV81 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:50 pm

Hi Everyone,

Been a member since 2014 and this is my first post.

I'm a keen fisherman and have been fishing since I was 4 which is over 33 years now. Love the Tambo river and until 10 years ago used to on a regular fish the bay from Sandy Breakwater, Hampton Rock piers to Mordialloc pier as a standard.

In the last week I've been right back into it nearly fishing everyday! I'm addicted again! :super:

Since I haven't fished the bay on a regular for such a long time - I've lost all the local know how! Where are they biting? What are they biting on?

I remember when I used to fish the Hampton rock piers there were heaps of whiting around. In the last few days I've caught one! There is heaps of small pinkies around!

So i just wanted to reach out to see if i could get some friendly advice to help speed up the process.

- Where can i catch some good whiting?
- What times are they usually on the bite?
- What other good fish are around?

Anything tips would be great. What can i offer back? Well a big thank you and I'm pretty well versed at fishing the Tambo river.... if anyone needs hints and tips for this area. Let me know.

Thank you.

Michael

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Back Into It - Fishing Sandy, Hampton and Mordialloc

Post by Lightningx » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:20 pm

Hi Michael and welcome back!
I used to fish the groynes a lot as well and did well with mainly the pinkies after dark usually with a nice southwesterly blowing.
Caught some nice kgw there as well.
Been a bit slow the past couple of months but I’m looking forward to some good fishing in March and April hopefully :)

MASSIV81

Post by MASSIV81 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:51 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:20 pm
Hi Michael and welcome back!
I used to fish the groynes a lot as well and did well with mainly the pinkies after dark usually with a nice southwesterly blowing.
Caught some nice kgw there as well.
Been a bit slow the past couple of months but I’m looking forward to some good fishing in March and April hopefully :)
Thanks Lightningx. Yeah I'll keep at it. Where do you like to fish for kgw in particular?

Sebb
Has liked: 2999 times

Post by Sebb » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:13 pm

Welcome back.
I heard kgw fishing landbased is a bit sporadic at the moment. Usually there's always whiting off the wester port beaches, Sommers, Balnarring, etc. Fish incoming tide in the evening.

Yeah, undersized pinkies everywhere at the moment. Like lightning said, March and April usually better.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”