Brighton Pier and BreakWall Tips

Brighton Pier, Elwood, Sandringham and surrounds
Bugatti

Re: Brighton Pier and BreakWall Tips

Post by Bugatti » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:43 pm

Brownie wrote:Hi guys, been out of the salt action for a while. But about 6 months ago, yeah here I go on sale at Anaconda again :-D I got a few little cage type berely things that you use instead of a sinker. Not big by any means and only cost at the time $2 I think, full price was $4 or $5 for two. They make sense but as yet I've not used them. Has anyone tried these? They seemed logical at the time. :-D
Well done, LachyBell, pinkies are never a fish to be sneezed at. I'm in SA, but I'd try some squid as bait as well. Stays on the hook better to outstay the little guys till a bigger one comes along and says "move over boys, LachyBell has that for me" , , , , probably best on a second put down rod cast a bit further.
Brownie wrote:Hi guys, been out of the salt action for a while. But about 6 months ago, yeah here I go on sale at Anaconda again :-D I got a few little cage type berely things that you use instead of a sinker. Not big by any means and only cost at the time $2 I think, full price was $4 or $5 for two. They make sense but as yet I've not used them. Has anyone tried these? They seemed logical at the time. :-D
Hi, Brownie, I use them here in SA, not often as a burley mix is needed to be prepared, to squeeze in it , , , , and I am lazy. But they do pay dividends when fishing in a crowd or if the fish are picky & finicky. They work with a sinker AND can even be bought in a sinker set up. They also work under a float in-lieu of a split shot in a float rig for Tommies and Gar
Spring_Sinker.jpg
Cheers, Bugatti

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:46 pm

Oooooops, Sorry LachyBell.

First quote was supposed to be of yours, sorry mate
LachyBell wrote:Hi All,
Just Regarding some tips on Brighton I fished there with my mates and we landed 15 small pinkie on Barracuda as Bait. I’m Heading down again and was just wondering what other species can be caught from the marina side of the pier, I’m bringing burley and lures and pilchards.
Well done, LachyBell, pinkies are never a fish to be sneezed at. I'm in SA, but I'd try some squid as bait as well. Stays on the hook better to outstay the little guys till a bigger one comes along and says "move over boys, LachyBell has that for me" , , , , probably best on a second put down rod cast a bit further.

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:58 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Hi, Brownie, I use them here in SA, not often as a burley mix is needed to be prepared, to squeeze in it , , , , and I am lazy. But they do pay dividends when fishing in a crowd or if the fish are picky & finicky. They work with a sinker AND can even be bought in a sinker set up. They also work under a float in-lieu of a split shot in a float rig for Tommies and Gar
Spring_Sinker.jpg
Cheers, Bugatti
Thanks for the info mate. When the weather cools here in central vic, 45 right now errgh, im gonna give em a go in the freshwater and see what happens. Who knows, may be good. I like experimenting with things. Cheers mate.

Mitwil01
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Mitwil01 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:14 pm

Went there last night (Friday). Right at the end of the rock pier. Caught several undersize pinky. Worked on squid and pilchard. Between 7pm and about 9:30pm.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:07 pm

Mitwil01 wrote:Went there last night (Friday). Right at the end of the rock pier. Caught several undersize pinky. Worked on squid and pilchard. Between 7pm and about 9:30pm.
Hey, well done. Glad there was some action for you. Great way to gain and build experience. Hopefully next time they shall be bigger. A bit of a tip, just incase you didn't know, sometimes it pays to put a small cube of pilly on the hook after the piece of squid , , , , I mean who can't resist a seafood basket , , , , plus the pily attracts and the squid has the staying power.

Well done again, thanks for letting us know

Cheers, Bugatti

Jackdaniels3

Post by Jackdaniels3 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:03 am

Can someone please tell me what type of fish this is ?
B583F588-FE7B-4A69-8AF4-375985E658B1.jpeg
B583F588-FE7B-4A69-8AF4-375985E658B1.jpeg (40.45 KiB) Viewed 3085 times

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:35 pm

P1040139 (800x600).jpg
i like these ones better

j_pap

Post by j_pap » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:45 pm

Jackdaniels3 wrote:Can someone please tell me what type of fish this is ?
Bit hard to tell with the lighting, could be a mulett.

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:51 pm

dazz999 wrote:
P1040139 (800x600).jpg
i like these ones better
Home mades. What did you use for those mate?

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:06 pm

Jackdaniels3 wrote:Can someone please tell me what type of fish this is ?
Where was this caught mate? From Brighton pier?

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”