brighton pier

Brighton Pier, Elwood, Sandringham and surrounds
dazz999
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 1025
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:44 pm

Re: brighton pier

Postby dazz999 » Sun May 06, 2018 6:04 pm

double hop worked well today first flatty smashed it down deep second was on the fall third down deep again the second hit him when the line twitched



Remove these ads.

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6982
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: brighton pier

Postby smile0784 » Sun May 06, 2018 7:26 pm

treedoctor wrote:Just wanted to thank a couple of Brighton pier regulars. Not sure who you were but my first ventuture while overnighting in the city with work was a couple of weeks ago. I caught doughnuts but they picked up a few pinkies and gave me some tips. So last night armed with a new “secret bait” some bait elastic to keep things on the hook and my long surf rod( to get the distance j tried again.

I had a cracker night. Lots of bites, half a dozen legal pinkies plus a few unders, a massive bite and run that snapped me off, I assume a big ray and culminating in the fish below. Cheers whoever you are, it goes to show that it still pays to ask a local.

This fish was such a deep red he was stunning. Due to overnight hotel accommodation and a day in a city center office to follow all fish released for the regulars to catch next week.

Nice fella
Sounds.like a good night

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6982
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: brighton pier

Postby smile0784 » Sun May 06, 2018 7:29 pm

dazz999 wrote:
P1040141 (800x600).jpg
had a crack for gars yesterday hard work only got 5 went back today with the soft plastics standard setup 6lb braid 10llb leader 1/8 jighead 4inch curly tail fished from 11am till abit after 12pm so just a quick session got 2 in 2 casts


Good effort

Lightningx
Rank: Mako Shark
Rank: Mako Shark
Posts: 8827
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Re: brighton pier

Postby Lightningx » Sun May 06, 2018 10:12 pm

dazz999 wrote:
P1040141 (800x600).jpg
had a crack for gars yesterday hard work only got 5 went back today with the soft plastics standard setup 6lb braid 10llb leader 1/8 jighead 4inch curly tail fished from 11am till abit after 12pm so just a quick session got 2 in 2 casts

Nice dazz :thumbsup: :a_goodjob:

dazz999
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 1025
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:44 pm

Re: brighton pier

Postby dazz999 » Mon May 07, 2018 7:05 pm

the soft plastic used was a squidgies 120mm bio tough curly tail in pumpkin seed there been hitting them hard of late a month ago they were hitting the sorun 4inch fish soft plastic

Lightningx
Rank: Mako Shark
Rank: Mako Shark
Posts: 8827
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Re: brighton pier

Postby Lightningx » Mon May 07, 2018 7:56 pm

I usually do well with the 4 inch in pumpkin seed as well :thumbsup:



Remove these ads.

dazz999
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 1025
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:44 pm

Re: brighton pier

Postby dazz999 » Sat May 26, 2018 6:15 pm

P1040142 (800x600).jpg
had a crack at the gars today it was hard going at the start with tons of baby mullet pinching the silverfish wind picked up around 2pm switched over to maggots and had some fun nothing outstanding dropped a nice one only had one double header anyway lunch sorted for sunday

Lightningx
Rank: Mako Shark
Rank: Mako Shark
Posts: 8827
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Re: brighton pier

Postby Lightningx » Sat May 26, 2018 6:26 pm

dazz999 wrote:
P1040142 (800x600).jpg
had a crack at the gars today it was hard going at the start with tons of baby mullet pinching the silverfish wind picked up around 2pm switched over to maggots and had some fun nothing outstanding dropped a nice one only had one double header anyway lunch sorted for sunday

Nice bag of gars dazz!
Nice work mate. Definitely a very tasty feed there :thumbsup:

dazz999
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 1025
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:44 pm

Re: brighton pier

Postby dazz999 » Sat May 26, 2018 6:31 pm

Lightningx wrote:
dazz999 wrote:
P1040142 (800x600).jpg
had a crack at the gars today it was hard going at the start with tons of baby mullet pinching the silverfish wind picked up around 2pm switched over to maggots and had some fun nothing outstanding dropped a nice one only had one double header anyway lunch sorted for sunday

Nice bag of gars dazz!
Nice work mate. Definitely a very tasty feed there :thumbsup:

yep there just starting to get the blue tinge in them so the bigger ones are coming

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6982
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: brighton pier

Postby smile0784 » Sat May 26, 2018 6:38 pm

dazz999 wrote:
P1040142 (800x600).jpg
had a crack at the gars today it was hard going at the start with tons of baby mullet pinching the silverfish wind picked up around 2pm switched over to maggots and had some fun nothing outstanding dropped a nice one only had one double header anyway lunch sorted for sunday


Nice bag



Remove these ads.


Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests