brighton pier

Brighton Pier, Elwood, Sandringham and surrounds
dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Re: brighton pier

Post by dazz999 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:07 pm

yearoftheroos wrote:So I went back again today, hard work fishing soft plastics with the wind blowing my lure straight into the rocks. Changed to a bigger jig only helped a little. Went to the end of the rock wall and a guy was fishing for Gars and throwing out a bit of berley. So I fished his trail for about 20 minutes and pulled in a nice Flatty maybe 25 cm. My first land based fish I believe. About 10 minutes later pulled in another a touch smaller. After that a couple of massive hits that I couldn't hook. Felt different to the flathead strikes, wish i could've hooked one.

Some great advice on here thanks to everyone.
well done once you get the first on soft plastics your hooked what soft plastic did you get them on

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:09 pm

yearoftheroos wrote:So I went back again today, hard work fishing soft plastics with the wind blowing my lure straight into the rocks. Changed to a bigger jig only helped a little. Went to the end of the rock wall and a guy was fishing for Gars and throwing out a bit of berley. So I fished his trail for about 20 minutes and pulled in a nice Flatty maybe 25 cm. My first land based fish I believe. About 10 minutes later pulled in another a touch smaller. After that a couple of massive hits that I couldn't hook. Felt different to the flathead strikes, wish i could've hooked one.

well done once you get your first on soft plastics your hooked what soft plastic did you get it on

yearoftheroos

Post by yearoftheroos » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:17 pm

dazz999 wrote:

well done once you get your first on soft plastics your hooked what soft plastic did you get it on
I used a Zman streak z curly tail

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:02 pm

fished today from about 12 to 2 pm got to the pier spotted heaps of seagulls at the start of the rocks checked it out massive bait balls thought yep looking good they were trying to hide from something cast some softplastics zip nothing tyed on the trusty wonder wobbler zip nothing went to the end of the rocks got 2 hits in an hour but no hookups but hey better than working thought i would just give a report

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:08 pm

Always better than working. Bad luck with he bait ball

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:34 pm

P1040122 (800x600).jpg
had a fish today with the soft plastics heaps of small pinkys around like i told the person near me there to small throw them back but some people dont understand anyway was a good session none stop hits some soft plastics did lose there life(tailed)but still a good fun cheap morning plus got a feed

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:14 pm

dazz999 wrote:
P1040122 (800x600).jpg
had a fish today with the soft plastics heaps of small pinkys around like i told the person near me there to small throw them back but some people dont understand anyway was a good session none stop hits some soft plastics did lose there life(tailed)but still a good fun cheap morning plus got a feed
Nice catch dazz. Hate seeing when people keep undersized fish.

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:31 pm

Lightningx wrote:
dazz999 wrote:
P1040122 (800x600).jpg
yep the person new what i was yelling at many times a 20 inch pinky what you going to get from that all bones thanks

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:37 pm

dazz999 wrote:fished today from about 12 to 2 pm got to the pier spotted heaps of seagulls at the start of the rocks checked it out massive bait balls thought yep looking good they were trying to hide from something cast some softplastics zip nothing tyed on the trusty wonder wobbler zip nothing went to the end of the rocks got 2 hits in an hour but no hookups but hey better than working thought i would just give a report
Fishing woth no hits always better then working lol

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:37 pm

dazz999 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
dazz999 wrote:
P1040122 (800x600).jpg
yep the person new what i was yelling at many times a 20 inch pinky what you going to get from that all bones thanks
Hopefully they get caught in the future. I have tried reporting to fisheries a few times in the past but have never been able to get through to them...

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”