Brighton Pier FUN

Brighton Pier, Elwood, Sandringham and surrounds
wem21
Has liked: 42 times

Brighton Pier FUN

Post by wem21 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:06 am

Went to the breakwall this morning 5am. Got zilch until I was packing up my bait rods. At about nine when I did a final cast with some SP's.... Bam I WAS on!
Had an awesome fight with a 55cm snapper (was targeting flattied XD) until I got it to the rocks. Grabbed my net and landed it. Don't like eating fish over 40cm as the meat is tougher I let it go to give someone else some fun. I managed to forget my camera for my second Snapper/pinky. Used 40month old squid strips from woolies for unsuccesful bait rods.

Also, if you happen to have any secret flattie spots, feel free to PM me as I am desperate to catch my first.

Tight lines!
Last edited by wem21 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Brighton Pier FUN

Post by purple5ive » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:10 am

Well done mate. thats a very good sized snapper for landbased plastics.your in the right area for flathead, just give it a few more weeks or so, once the water warms up they will be more prolific. try the end of the breakwall ive caught many there on plastics

wem21

Post by wem21 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:17 am

:notworthy:
purple5ive wrote:Well done mate. thats a very good sized snapper for landbased plastics.your in the right area for flathead, just give it a few more weeks or so, once the water warms up they will be more prolific. try the end of the breakwall ive caught many there on plastics
Thanks for the advice :-D

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:48 am

Would have felt awesome with a 55 cm snapper on the end of your line using an SP! Well done mate! :thumbsup:

cahoona
Has liked: 15 times

Post by cahoona » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:39 am

55cm snapper is nice eating size

spyderfuji

Post by spyderfuji » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:45 am

wem21 wrote:Went to the breakwall this morning 5am. Got zilch until I was packing up my bait rods. At about nine when I did a final cast with some SP's.... Bam I WAS on!
Had an awesome fight with a 55cm snapper (was targeting flattied XD) until I got it to the rocks. Grabbed my net and landed it. Don't like eating fish over 40cm as the meat is tougher I let it go to give someone else some fun. I managed to forget my camera for my second Snapper/pinky. Used 40month old squid strips from woolies for unsuccesful bait rods.

Also, if you happen to have any secret flattie spots, feel free to PM me as I am desperate to catch my first.

Tight lines!
that's awesome and proves that land based snapper with SP can be done!! thanks for sharing mate! how's the tide when you hooked the fish?

** wish I was there to take home the snapper ... won't mind 55cm haha **

wem21

Post by wem21 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:48 pm

spyderfuji wrote:
wem21 wrote:Went to the breakwall this morning 5am. Got zilch until I was packing up my bait rods. At about nine when I did a final cast with some SP's.... Bam I WAS on!

Tight lines!
that's awesome and proves that land based snapper with SP can be done!! thanks for sharing mate! how's the tide when you hooked the fish?

The tide was about nearly full tide

spyderfuji

Post by spyderfuji » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:38 pm

wem21 wrote:
spyderfuji wrote:

Tight lines!

The tide was about nearly full tide
Thanks! mate

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”